PDA

View Full Version : WTB: G4 CUBE (upgraded specs only)

technicolor
Feb 19, 2006, 04:03 PM
hopefully with an accompanying ACD
not interested in buying the baseline model with the 450mhz chip and small amount of ram..

if you have cube that you have already upgraded please post the specs here and pics

clayj
Feb 19, 2006, 04:14 PM
4500ghz chipThat sucker must have some SERIOUS overheating issues... ;)

Seriously, there've been a few Cubes here lately (I bought AND sold one within a matter of a week), but they've all been pretty stock so far in terms of CPU speed.

technicolor
Feb 19, 2006, 04:19 PM
That sucker must have some SERIOUS overheating issues... ;)

Seriously, there've been a few Cubes here lately (I bought AND sold one within a matter of a week), but they've all been pretty stock so far in terms of CPU speed.
LMAO!

I edited.

hmm maybe I will get lucky

I tried to catch one on ebay, but that auction got WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOO much for my blood. It got close to the price of my brand new imac.

williamw
Feb 19, 2006, 04:31 PM
amacgenius got one off ebay for about $280

stoid
Feb 19, 2006, 04:32 PM
you might want to change it to mhz instead of ghz as well ;)

If you are looking for computing bang for your buck, the Cube is absolutely the wrong way to go. Their prices are overinflated several hundred percent because they are collectors items. If you want a small, but powerful and cheap Mac, the Mac mini can't be beat for price/performance at that physical size.

Sweetfeld28
Feb 19, 2006, 09:20 PM
i got mine off ebay, plus a 17" ADC Studio Display, for around $450. The guy i bought it from upgraded it from the stock HD to a 100GB drive, and upgraded the RAM to 1 GB also; but it still has the 450 MHz. processor.

I still think it was a great buy.

applemacdude
Feb 19, 2006, 09:26 PM
i have a good condition 17 inch jellyfish crt if ur interested