PDA

View Full Version : RIAA orders ISP to reveal client info

Durandal7
Jan 21, 2003, 07:06 PM
The RIAA recieved a court order to force ISP Verizon to reveal the identity of a client who downloaded 600 songs in one day. Verizon is seeking an appeal to the decision and refuses to violate their customer's privacy.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=575&u=/nm/20030121/wr_nm/tech_music_dc_3&printer=1

The RIAA is getting out of hand. I don't care how many songs he downloaded, Verizon has a right to withhold his identity if they want.

djkut
Jan 21, 2003, 07:36 PM
They really need to chill the **** out.

medea
Jan 21, 2003, 07:45 PM
damn back in the days of audiogalaxy, and when I was using pc's, I had over 35gigs of mp3's at one time and I remember on some nights getting over 300+ downloads....those were the days, but sadly that HD went out and I didnt even burn half of the music I had on there.

vniow
Jan 21, 2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by medea
damn back in the days of audiogalaxy, and when I was using pc's, I had over 35gigs of mp3's at one time and I remember on some nights getting over 300+ downloads....those were the days, but sadly that HD went out and I didnt even burn half of the music I had on there.

Ahhhhhh....Audiogalaxy.

Those were the days.

MrMacMan
Jan 21, 2003, 08:03 PM
Yes when fire sharing network payied attention to us and didn't give us total BS.
(Thanks for not making a mac version FastTrack)
And the many more companyies who made software but it sucked baddly anyway.
(Thank you limewire).

Verizon is right, stupid RIAA they have no grounds to this, anyway how did they know he/she d/led all these files? :confused:

rainman::|:|
Jan 21, 2003, 10:47 PM
i hope verizon takes this all the way to the suprime court... i hate invasion of privacy. which is what this is. what a joke... i mean, verizon is just doing it because they know how many customers will immediately switch if they fork over the info, but i still have to give them snaps for withholding.

the RIAA needs to find an alternative that consumers will adapt, something as easy as downloading music but cheap enough to be viable. Maybe it will never happen. But the RIAA can kiss my ass if they think they're gonna pull this ****.

they've refused the government's aid in fighting this crime, so to hell with them if they want to use law enforcement's technique of nabbing customer records.

pnw