PDA

View Full Version : gap in ibook?

calebjohnston
Feb 20, 2006, 03:31 PM
When the lid is closed on my g4 ibook, the space between the keyboard/monitor is very thin at the hinge and then gets gradually wider at the other end of the computer near the trackpad. I assume this is normal because of the plastic raised bumps on the top inside of the lid, but I just wanted to check.

20rogersc
Feb 20, 2006, 03:33 PM
Mine's like that, so I guess it is :rolleyes:

::20ROGERSC::

calebjohnston
Feb 20, 2006, 03:34 PM
muchas gracias. I just saw a picture of some powerbooks and I don't think they were like that, but they don't cool the same way. might have something to do with that.

zoziw
Feb 20, 2006, 11:15 PM
When the lid is closed on my g4 ibook, the space between the keyboard/monitor is very thin at the hinge and then gets gradually wider at the other end of the computer near the trackpad. I assume this is normal because of the plastic raised bumps on the top inside of the lid, but I just wanted to check.

Mine does that as well.

skubish
Feb 21, 2006, 05:50 AM
Mine does it as well. I think you are right that it is caused by the rubber bumpers at the top of the screen.

zathras
Feb 21, 2006, 12:24 PM
When I first got my 14" iBook I read some concerns about the keys rubbing the screen when closed - so I bought one of those thin mousepad like pads to put on the keyboard when it was closed. Sure enough when I closed it and turned it sideways the pad just about slips out - so I haven't used it since then :)