PDA

View Full Version : HELP - IBook G4 Mouse Button Stuck Down

mbell0
Feb 20, 2006, 07:54 PM
:eek: Not sure what to do about this, and panicking a little bit - My mouse button on my iBook is stuck down (the built-in one, under the trackpad) from a heavy impact (a havy book fell from the shelf above, to be exact). How do I fix this? The thing is literally stuck down - permanantly selecting anything it glides over. Can I get in and get it "unstuck"?

Thanks!
Matt

CoMpX
Feb 20, 2006, 07:58 PM
:eek: Not sure what to do about this, and panicking a little bit - My mouse button on my iBook is stuck down (the built-in one, under the trackpad) from a heavy impact (a havy book fell from the shelf above, to be exact). How do I fix this? The thing is literally stuck down - permanantly selecting anything it glides over. Can I get in and get it "unstuck"?

Thanks!
Matt

Well, I don't know if it will get stuck again, but try this. Take out the battery and you should be able to see the bottom of the button in the space where the battery goes. Just try pushing it back up.

calebjohnston
Feb 20, 2006, 07:58 PM
That sounds like a bit of a problem. A temporary fix is to use an external USB mouse and go into the keyboard/mouse options in system prefs and then check the "ignore trackpad when mouse is plugged in" box. Then you wont have that problem for as long as a mouse is plugged it. I don't know about the long run. I'd use a mouse until you can get it in to an apple store.

mad jew
Feb 20, 2006, 08:31 PM
If it's still under warranty, don't try and fix it yourself. Take it to Apple and have them fix it because opening the machine up can void the rest of your warranty. :(

jtown
Feb 21, 2006, 12:09 AM
If it's still under warranty, don't try and fix it yourself. Take it to Apple and have them fix it because opening the machine up can void the rest of your warranty. :(

The warranty doesn't cover this kind of damage.

mad jew
Feb 21, 2006, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I know. What I'm saying is that if you still have some warranty, don't work on it yourself because of the risk of voiding the remaining warranty. :)