PDA

View Full Version : Plea to Mods and Admins

watcher2001
Feb 20, 2006, 08:34 PM
If you are going to wasteland a thread can you please post a final post in said thread with a reason for your decision to wasteland it? I know some of them are simply "Spam" and should be wastelanded but there have been numerous occurences where threads are killed for no apparent (To me anyway) reason. a little explanation would be nice.

Thanks

skoker
Feb 20, 2006, 09:26 PM
If you are going to wasteland a thread can you please post a final post in said thread with a reason for your decision to wasteland it? I know some of them are simply "Spam" and should be wastelanded but there have been numerous occurences where threads are killed for no apparent (To me anyway) reason. a little explanation would be nice.

Thanks

I agree. That's a really good suggestion, and it could help to end the 'why was my thread wastelanded?!?' posts. :cool:

Doctor Q
Feb 20, 2006, 09:33 PM
We can't always take the time for that, but time permitting we can try to do that more often when it would not be obvious to somebody who has read the rules. Many times, that's not the case when we get questions about why a thread was removed.

EricNau
Feb 21, 2006, 12:59 AM
We can't always take the time for that, but time permitting we can try to do that more often when it would not be obvious to somebody who has read the rules. Many times, that's not the case when we get questions about why a thread was removed.
That's true, and I can understand not having the time (because there are so few of you and so much to do), but in a lot of cases people really aren't sure why their thread got wastelanded, even if it seems obvious to others.

We don't need even a full sentence, for most you could just write "spam" or "inappropriate" etc.

Doctor Q
Feb 21, 2006, 01:10 AM
That's true, and I can understand not having the time (because there are so few of you and so much to do), but in a lot of cases people really aren't sure why their thread got wastelanded, even if it seems obvious to others.The flipside is that there are sometimes Private Messages to the members involved, rather than public explanations, when the moderators think that is more appropriate.