PDA

View Full Version : my Brand NEW!! Cloud.e Photography Website

icloud
Feb 21, 2006, 12:59 AM
Final Version

Following the comments I recieved, I can finally say that I am happy with the site and am creating this topic to say that the final version of the site has been put together with new images, cleaner layout, simplier navigation, and well, alot of my hard work i suppose

Cloud.e Photography (http://homepage.mac.com/cloud.e/)

Again comments are REALLY encouraged...im looking to pursue this alot further and need all the helpful hints/support/critic

appreciate the positive comments to date...thank you all, enjoy

-Cloud.e

Orlando Furioso
Feb 21, 2006, 01:13 AM
Nice clean site you have there. Lots of beautiful and thoughtful images. Inspiring. Makes me want to go on a photo shoot right now.... oh wait, it is 11pm! rats.

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see the full launch of your site.

Glenn Wolsey
Feb 21, 2006, 01:36 AM
Your images never fail to amaze me...Great shooting, and great site!

What are you using for the backdrop in the lemon pictures?

Abstract
Feb 21, 2006, 07:48 AM
What black backdrop did you use for the zen rock photos?? They're great.

@Glenn: He's using white paper for the lemon photos.

Jovian9
Feb 21, 2006, 08:54 AM
Very nice site and great pictures. I look forward to seeing the site grow.

razorme
Feb 21, 2006, 01:18 PM
Hey, I work way up there in that Husky Oil tower! (In fact, that's where I am right now!)

Clix Pix
Feb 21, 2006, 01:29 PM
VERY nice!!! Hey, after you posted those images of lemons the other day that inspired me to do some tabletop photography again, and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Your website is very, very nice and the background sets off the images perfectly. Good work!

rjphoto
Feb 21, 2006, 01:32 PM
Nice stuff.

I really like Sunrise (in the snow).

One suggestion: put links the other pages at the bottom of each page. Makes for easier navigation. No need to scroll back to the top of the page.

What is your camera of choice? (I'm sure if I looked I would find it somewhere, but I've got to drive across town...)

Psychic Shopper
Feb 21, 2006, 05:35 PM
Nice images, you make it look easy to do still lifes.
Nicely laid out site too.

Lau
Feb 21, 2006, 05:39 PM
Very nice indeed. I prefer the outdoor to the indoor, but great in general.

cr2sh
Feb 21, 2006, 07:17 PM
While I agree that the photography is quite beautiful.. the navigation of the page is quite annoying. I'd suggest a better technique.. and avoid the "page 1" "page 2" "page 3" links... your images deserve more.

njmac
Feb 21, 2006, 07:38 PM
and still no place to buy prints...;)

I like your new site ( I really liked the old site too )

As usual, your photography is outstanding. :)

kwajo.com
Feb 21, 2006, 08:28 PM
your website is pretty nice, honestly though I wasn't overwhelmed by your photos. they are very good, but I'm not ready to buy any prints of any of them. loved the M.C. Escher-esk stairwell photo though, great stuff. :cool:

macOSX-tastic
Feb 22, 2006, 07:21 AM
these images are really good!

ive taken a few macro shots of still life that i would like to put up, ive done some post production on them.

does anybody know of any proffessional photography websites featuring minimalist objects on white backgrounds or black backgrounds, that let you use images as wallpaper?

ive scoured the internet and can find many easily.

ive noticed a general trend on the monthly desktops thread that many people have really nice, minimalist, macro images.

S

icloud
Feb 28, 2006, 12:15 AM
http://homepage.mac.com/cloud.e/DSC_0078.png

Final Version

Following the comments I recieved, I can finally say that I am happy with the site and am creating this topic to say that the final version of the site has been put together with new images, cleaner layout, simplier navigation, and well, alot of my hard work i suppose

http://homepage.mac.com/cloud.e/

Again comments are REALLY encouraged...im looking to pursue this alot further and need all the helpful hints/support/critic

appreciate the positive comments to date...thank you all, enjoy

Glenn Wolsey
Feb 28, 2006, 12:18 AM
One word, WOW.

Did you use .Mac homepage to create the gallery?

icloud
Feb 28, 2006, 12:20 AM
One word, WOW.

Did you use .Mac homepage to create the gallery?

Dreamweaver...but to no extreme...basic drag and drop layout
I used the iWeb reflections thought and then imported those specific images to dreamweaver

and the one word means alot...thank you

Glenn Wolsey
Feb 28, 2006, 12:23 AM
You really should sell prints on your site, I would no doubt buy one....or two :P

icloud
Feb 28, 2006, 01:11 AM
You really should sell prints on your site, I would no doubt buy one....or two :P

I have no idea how to set that up :P
I would if i could, honestly

qpawn
Feb 28, 2006, 03:14 AM
Great shots! I love all the shots that feature a silhouette. :)

Also, just to let you know, when you are on page1indoor.html or page2indoor.html, the link for page 2 goes to your index. And the link to outdoor page 2 might be spelled funky. :p

The site is nice and simple. Pretty easy to get around. Well done! :)

Abstract
Feb 28, 2006, 06:16 AM
The font you used for 1, 2, and 3 is the most annoying thing ever. They don't even go with the rest of your site, like the other text, for example.

icloud
Feb 28, 2006, 08:51 AM
Great shots! I love all the shots that feature a silhouette. :)

Also, just to let you know, when you are on page1indoor.html or page2indoor.html, the link for page 2 goes to your index. And the link to outdoor page 2 might be spelled funky. :p

The site is nice and simple. Pretty easy to get around. Well done! :)

Look at the links...they should be fixed (least when I looked at the problem it wasnt there anymore)...refresh and tell me if problem still persists

The font you used for 1, 2, and 3 is the most annoying thing ever. They don't even go with the rest of your site, like the other text, for example.

I'll get on fixing that sometime in next day or two when I get some time freed up

cr2sh
Feb 28, 2006, 09:29 AM
On my PC, Internet Explorer 6.0, the front page's main links are outlined in blue border.

Nice changes!

icloud
Feb 28, 2006, 09:51 AM
On my PC, Internet Explorer 6.0, the front page's main links are outlined in blue border.

Nice changes!

Noted!

Hope to have that cleaned up sometime today (check tomorrow)
to do list:
- Fix Font
- Fix Home Button
- Fix Blue thing around links
- Fix PNG's for reflection, i noted they give a gray background on different browsers, so ill change their backgrounds to black

Thank you

weldon
Feb 28, 2006, 10:41 AM
I really liked the images, especially the outdoor shots. One nitpicky thing I might change is the location of the lemon slice photos on page 1 and page 2. When flipping to page 2, I thought I was looking at the same image until I flipped back and saw that the composition and lighting was different. It was distracting for me.

gauchogolfer
Feb 28, 2006, 10:53 AM
I really like the photo of the ring, casting the heart-shaped shadow.
The site is nice, but navigation is not as intuitive as possible. I look forward to seeing how it comes along. Best of luck.

weg
Feb 28, 2006, 05:41 PM
Oh, that means 1, 2, 3... I thought it was I S E or something like that ;-)
Apart from that, I really like the photos.. what equipment do you use?

icloud
Feb 28, 2006, 06:46 PM
Oh, that means 1, 2, 3... I thought it was I S E or something like that ;-)
Apart from that, I really like the photos.. what equipment do you use?

Just a D70s nothing too fancy

AND I UPDATED THE SITE USING NEW NAVIGATION BUTTONS, FIXED GRAPHIC (*crosses fingers*), and everything else that was requested....how are the changed?

rickvanr
Feb 28, 2006, 06:53 PM
FYI:: 'Page 2 Outdoor: Brush stroke' is the wrong image.

Great photos. Simple, yet elegant site. I like it. :)

icloud
Feb 28, 2006, 07:16 PM
FYI:: 'Page 2 Outdoor: Brush stroke' is the wrong image.

Great photos. Simple, yet elegant site. I like it. :)

FIXED!

Thank you for the comment

rickvanr
Feb 28, 2006, 07:21 PM
FIXED!

Thank you for the comment

Oooh, I really like that picture too. Very nice.

Clix Pix
Feb 28, 2006, 09:03 PM
Really nice site -- beautiful images, beautifully displayed.... I love the way you tilted a couple and did the reflections thing. I haven't tried messing with that yet. I did finally start up an experimental site in iWeb just to see how easy/difficult it might be. I am definitely a novice at this sort of thing, the exact sort of consumer that Apple was targeting with iWeb, but even so I felt a little frustrated with the templates and not being able to do things exactly the way *I* wanted.