PDA

View Full Version : iBook Woes: The Adaptor or the Computer?

Gavia
Feb 21, 2006, 07:47 PM
At the moment, I can't run my iBook with the power adaptor. When I try to use the computer, the power adaptor cuts out and there's no light, no charge - nothing. It will charge the battery when it's in sleep mode but as soon as I open the screen, it'll cut out and I have to shut down the computer and wait 30 minutes before the halo light comes back on and it starts charging.

I'm hoping it's just a problem with the adaptor and a new one will fix it but I'm worried it might be a problem with the computer. Over summer, I used it in very hot weather and I'm wondering if that might have damaged it.

Help please!

mklos
Feb 21, 2006, 07:55 PM
Try taking the battery out and then power up the iBook using just the power adapter and see if it cuts in and out. If it does, then its probably a problem with the power adapter. Hopefully its not a problem with the logicboard. If you do get a new power adapter and it still does it, even with the battery out then its definitely a problem with the logicboard.

Gavia
Feb 21, 2006, 08:08 PM
Try taking the battery out and then power up the iBook using just the power adapter and see if it cuts in and out. If it does, then its probably a problem with the power adapter. Hopefully its not a problem with the logicboard. If you do get a new power adapter and it still does it, even with the battery out then its definitely a problem with the logicboard.

I've tried taking the battery out and it behaves the same. The problem started with it cutting in and out when in use and then it cut out completly in use.

I'll get my hands on another power adaptor and see what happens. Fingers crossed.