PDA

View Full Version : Jobs for President?

yosoyjay
Jan 22, 2003, 05:56 PM
www.jobsforpresident.org is advocating Steve Jobs for president. There is also a thread concerning this at slashdot.org

edit: url stuff

vniow
Jan 22, 2003, 06:03 PM
Aw poo, I just posted the same thing in the same section.

arn
Jan 22, 2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by vniow
Aw poo, I just posted the same thing in the same section.

yosojay won. :)

arn

rice_web
Jan 22, 2003, 07:03 PM
And it loads so nicely with the /. effect....

MrMacMan
Jan 22, 2003, 07:05 PM
Is it me or is the site not working...

I tried in IE and Safari so I know it aint compatibailty... bah.

someone post a screen shot, thanks.

vniow
Jan 22, 2003, 07:10 PM
Here's the text on the front page:

Draft Committee to the 'Elect Steve Jobs President of the United States
We all want a world that is prosperous and sustainable. We have the technology and resources to create such a world. What is lacking are leaders with vision and will. I encourage you to be such a leader and welcome your participation in our campaign.

It is time that we base our decision-making on the time tested native American idea that all decisions should be made with our seventh generation of descendants in mind and in consultation with our elders. It is time to acknowledge that the earth is our mother and that we must take care of her. It is time to eliminate all weapons of mass destruction from the earth. It is time to insure that all people have access to affordable health care and education.

It is time for American leaders to work with the Moslem world, China, India, Africa, Russia, Latin America, the European Union and all people’s around the world to create the world we want. It is our destiny to play a leadership role in creating a new world.

We believe Steve Jobs is the man to help us achieve these goals. If you agree, join us, and together we can get it done!

A Biography of Steve Jobs
Editorials: 01/19/03 at 17:59:27 PST by aztc

Editorials Steve Paul Jobs
Born 1955 Los Altos CA; Evangelic bad boy who, with Steve Wozniak, co-founded Apple Computer Corporation and became a multimillionaire before the age of ...

Printerfriendly version - A Biography of Steve Jobs Send an e-mail to (26 reads) [ More ] [ 0 comments ]

Newsletters are archived under News
News: 01/18/03 at 18:24:03 PST by Admin

News Newsletters can only be sent by the top level admin. Please submit your plain text newsletter to webmaster@jobsforpresident.org

wdlove
Jan 22, 2003, 07:36 PM
I would need to more about his views on defense, government, healthcare, & taxes.

rice_web
Jan 22, 2003, 07:51 PM
I can't believe this was even worthy of /.'s homepage.

MrMacMan
Jan 22, 2003, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by rice_web

Me too but heck whatever...

Anyways This is my error in all of my browsers:
'
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.html on this server.

'
Well I suppose if I can't get the homepage I can't get anything... bah.

wdlove
Jan 22, 2003, 08:42 PM
A free country to put up on you web page anything that you want, poronography would be a negative!

alex_ant
Jan 22, 2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by rice_web
I was thinking the same thing, it looks so out of place amongst the guides to neon light case modding and stories about how Linux is going to take over the desktop any day now, really, we mean it this time! :)

irmongoose
Jan 23, 2003, 06:51 AM
Seems /. overloaded the site... and they're planning on getting a new server... they're actually going to continue this crap? :rolleyes:

This is what the main page says now:

Thank you for visiting the Draft Steve Jobs for US President website. Happily, enough interest was generated to overwhelm our server and we were forced to disable the site temporarily. This is good news because it proves the level of interest in our proposal. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Of course, all of this interest would serve no benefit unless these same folks can support the venture financially. In other words, to re-launch the site will require a dedicated server some where. If you can help with server space, and bandwidth to handle the traffic, please send e-mail to: webmaster@jobsforpresident.org

We need cash! Send whatever you can to: paypal@jobsforpresident.org - even $1 will help, and Paypal will give you $5 to sign up!

Thanks again for your patience and understanding, the site will be back soon!

irmongoose

Shrek
Jan 23, 2003, 01:33 PM
Well, I suppose if he wants to win in 2004, he would have to run against Bush as a Democrat. But personally, I think he'd do better as an Independent. ;)

janey
Jan 23, 2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Shrek
Well, I suppose if he wants to win in 2004, he would have to run against Bush as a Democrat. But personally, I think he'd do better as an Independent. ;)

Steve Jobs' wife Laurene is like a total Democrat. Steve has no choice. Of course he's going to run against Bush as a Democrat. Naw, he wouldn't do better as an Independent.

wdlove
Jan 23, 2003, 08:26 PM
This is the first that I've heard that Steve was married, interesting. Just wish he was a Republican, would be a good candidate for 2008. Think he could beat Hillary easily!

Shrek
Jan 23, 2003, 09:55 PM
WOW

The response has been incredible!

Thank you for visiting the Draft Steve Jobs for US President website. Happily, enough interest was generated to overwhelm our server and we were forced to disable the site temporarily. This is good news because it proves the level of interest in our proposal.

The bad news is that Steve has communicated with us and declined our proposal. All donations will be refunded, thank you to all who sent e-mail & funds!

Oh well. It was all so silly, anyway. :p

wdlove
Jan 24, 2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Shrek

Oh well. It was all so silly, anyway. :p

It seemed that it was serious enough that he contacted you. I sure he was impressed, who knows what the future will bring!

peter2002
Jan 24, 2003, 08:21 PM
Jobs would make a better governor of California.

janey
Jan 24, 2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by peter2002
Jobs would make a better governor of California.

Jobs would make a better president, but if he really doesn't want to, I'm sure he's going to be better than Arnie Schwarzenegger (sp?).