Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today marks the Steve Jobs' 51st birthday and MacRumors.com's 6th birthday.

Steve Jobs was born on February 24, 1955 and later co-founded Apple with Steve Wozniak in 1976. Jobs was forced out of Apple in 1985, but later returned in 1997 after Apple bought NeXT (also founded by Jobs). Steve Jobs is Apple's current CEO.

MacRumors.com began on February 24, 2000 as a site to consolidate interesting rumors and news surrounding Apple.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
And it's my 24th later this year....

Happy Birthday SJ and MR - the combined cause of my dismal performance at Uni and the current emptiness of my wallet. May you continue to work your magic...

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
Did MacRumors start on today b/c of Steve's bday?

More importantly, Did Steve send Arn a birthday card or e-mail? :)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Cool. But... I felt like I'd been here for quite a while until I read that. Now... I feel like a newbie. Six years - wow. And still going strong! Congrats!

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
I already posted this in another Steve Jobs' birthday thread, but I wonder if his cake will look like this?

ipod-cake-1.jpg

(Just pretend the 40 is a 51)

Happy Birthday to both Steve and MR!

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
Happy Birthday MR. Good on ya!

Steve, what did you want for your birthday? Did you say an Apple iCast with 1 TB of storage and blueray?

Cool.

shrimpdesign

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005
Happy Birthday! I'd give you both a present ... but I'm saving up for whatever Apple releases Tuesday. That will be my early birthday.

sartinsauce

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2006
Los Angeles
Should this really be on Page Two?

I mean, can't you confirm his birthday? Or MR's birthday?

Unconfirmed rumors. Face it, page two is what MacRumors is really about. The super-speculative fun stuff.

Happy Birthday all!

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
max_altitude said:
I already posted this in another Steve Jobs' birthday thread, but I wonder if his cake will look like this?

(Just pretend the 40 is a 51)

Happy Birthday to both Steve and MR!
...and pretend Steve Jobs' name is Tony. :)

BTW: Happy Birthday!

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Kingsly said:
Happy Birthday!

Don't forget lack of sleep and never-before-seen obsessive compulsive behavior (I cannot start my day w/o clicking MR)

Oh yeah, do you know what time the event on Tuesday starts here?

4am Wednesday morning. Other members will vouch for me being online up until the site goes to "live" mode and then ASAP afterwards. Problem is, this time I have a 2 hour marketing lecture at 8:30am Wednesday morning

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Well, my name isn't Steve or Tony or MR and I won't be 6, 40 or 51 this year. BUT I do have a Birthday this year. What are the chances of that?

Do I win 5 pounds?

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
qubex said:
Isn't it a bit redundant to state that he co-founded Apple after his birth? It's not like he could have done it before he was born.:cool:

I could've.

pshaw!

happy birthday to both. I wish you both many more years of feeding my consumeristic bliss.

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Chundles said:
Oh yeah, do you know what time the event on Tuesday starts here?

4am Wednesday morning. Other members will vouch for me being online up until the site goes to "live" mode and then ASAP afterwards. Problem is, this time I have a 2 hour marketing lecture at 8:30am Wednesday morning

You think you've got it bad? The 28th is my baby brother's scheduled delivery date (via c-section) and Im more worried about weather there's AirPort in the hospital lobby! Good to see I've got my priorities straight. :D

DannyBoye

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2006
Kingsly said:
You think you've got it bad? The 28th is my baby brother's scheduled delivery date (via c-section) and Im more worried about weather there's AirPort in the hospital lobby! Good to see I've got my priorities straight. :D

ROFLMAO! I hear ya!

Happy B-day to all! SJ and MR!

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Kingsly said:

Oooh! I just realized I can go across the street to the Beverly Center Apple Store! Yayyyyyy. Problem solved!:D

By the way, what does ROFLMAO mean?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.