PDA

View Full Version : Leaked 6th gen iPod picture..

BrianPeppers
Feb 25, 2006, 11:20 AM
Hey Guys,

I just thought I take a quick snap of the new 6th gen asap, I know its a bit dark but I just arrived back home (2am). To my suprise a package from my friend in China had been delivered.

I know some people will immediately deem this as a fake and to be honest I don't care since the announcement is only days away.

My mate in China works at a distribution/courier facility which she managed to snatch several out of the box and decided to send me one since I did her quite a few favours in the past :)

The 6th Gen iPod also came with a copy of Quicktime 7.1 which has the new iTunes like gradients. I used the new Quicktime to encode a clip of 24 from a DVD I ripped earlier last week for a mate (new iPod export option).

More pics to come of Quicktime 7.1 and the 6th Gen iPod.

http://static.flickr.com/37/104224175_4cce28f7f7_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/19/104479305_59525faa96_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/19/104546781_15cf73a555_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/38/104580862_5d16b9b300_b.jpg

edesignuk
Feb 25, 2006, 11:22 AM
http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/macros/americafulloflies.jpg

*This comment _may_ (but I highly doubt it) be withdrawn on the 28th.

BrianPeppers
Feb 25, 2006, 11:27 AM
Haha nice pic :) As I said in my earlier post.. your reaction is expected but more pics to follow tomorrow. Im heading off to bed.

Johnpartridge
Feb 25, 2006, 11:34 AM
Im quite suprised this image hasnt reached the 700+ posts that the other "leaked" image recieved.

I am quite inclined to now say that this image is genuine,pureley because of the likeness of it to the other image. Anyhow it could be another photoshop jobby.

However i think i will wait untill the 28th and then express my final opinion :)

John Partridge

Sam*
Feb 25, 2006, 11:36 AM
If You post multiple images and a video of this working i will then belive you:)

cwedl
Feb 25, 2006, 11:36 AM
Haha nice pic :) As I said in my earlier post.. your reaction is expected but more pics to follow tomorrow. Im heading off to bed.

Only the weak sleep! Show us more pictures! the box, the back, the screenshot of quicktime pro, the menu functions of the iPod etc etc etc.

It certainly looks as if 24 is playing on it. I think this may be real. :confused: :rolleyes:

Sam*
Feb 25, 2006, 11:40 AM
Thinking it about it i think it may well be real... but i will still like to see more pics:D

sam10685
Feb 25, 2006, 11:41 AM
as of now, i think it's fake because apple doesn't usually allow this kind of stuff...

2nyRiggz
Feb 25, 2006, 11:42 AM
Looking to get sue aren't you...well just go right head, if you are looking for praise go to church.

Note: still ugly

Bless

ITASOR
Feb 25, 2006, 11:43 AM
LMAO...nice username....Brian Peppers....lol.

edit: I think you should take a few more pictures in a brighter room from different angles. Then, I'll believe you.

aswitcher
Feb 25, 2006, 11:43 AM
Mmmm. You claim to have the hotest thing around in prerelease which the rumours boards are going nutz about and you are too tired to post more than one very average (dare say useless) pic about it...I think that speaks for itself.

GoCubsGo
Feb 25, 2006, 11:44 AM
Only the weak sleep! Show us more pictures! the box, the back, the screenshot of quicktime pro, the menu functions of the iPod etc etc etc.

It certainly looks as if 24 is playing on it. I think this may be real. :confused: :rolleyes:
While you're at it, show us the post marked package that the "ipod" came in. If you say you do not have it, then you're a liar.
Besides the fact that you're a newbie, I think you're probably lying.

iMeowbot
Feb 25, 2006, 11:47 AM
Image title: OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Make: OLYMPUS CORPORATION
Model: C750UZ
Orientation of image: 1
X resolution: 72.0 ppi (pixel per inch)
Y resolution: 72.0 ppi (pixel per inch)
Resolution unit: inch
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Macintosh
File date and time: 2006:02:26 03:16:44
Y and C positioning: co-sited
Unknown tag (50341): PrintIM
-- Exif IFD --:
Exposure time: 1/10 s
F number: 2.8
Exposure program: Manual
ISO speed rating: 100
Exif version: 0220
Date and time of original data generation: 2003:03:18 07:14:30
Date and time of digital data generation: 2003:03:18 07:14:30
Meaning of each component: YCbCr
Image compression mode: 5.0
Exposure bias: 0.0
Maximum lens aperture: 3.0 APEX = F2.8
Metering mode: Pattern
Light source: unknown
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode.
Lens focal length: 6.5 mm
User comments: 125 bytes
Supported Flashpix version: 0100
Color Space: Uncalibrated
Valid image width in pixel: 1000
Valid image height in pixel: 657
File source: reserved
Scene type: reserved
Custom image processing: Normal process
Exposure method: Manual exposure
White balance: Auto white balance
Digital zoom ratio: not used
Scene capture type: Standard
Gain control: Low gain up
Contrast: Normal
Saturation: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
-- Thumbnail IFD --:
Compression scheme: JPEG
Offset to JPEG SOI: 1238
Bytes of JPEG data: 3298

yankeefan24
Feb 25, 2006, 11:47 AM

does this mean that 24 is coming to iTunes. DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!!:D

really, we need more shots, and tell me if 24 is coming. i held off of the 5g ipod because there weren't enough good shows that interest me on iTVS. 24 would have had me buy, but now i think i am going to wait.

Image title: OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Make: OLYMPUS CORPORATION
Model: C750UZ
Orientation of image: 1
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Macintosh
File date and time: 2006:02:26 03:16:44
Y and C positioning: co-sited
Unknown tag (50341): PrintIM
-- Exif IFD --:
Exposure time: 1/10 s
F number: 2.8
Exposure program: Manual
ISO speed rating: 100
Exif version: 0220
Date and time of digital data generation: 2003:03:18 07:14:30
Meaning of each component: YCbCr
Image compression mode: 5.0
Exposure bias: 0.0
Maximum lens aperture: 3.0 APEX = F2.8
Metering mode: Pattern
Light source: unknown
Flash: Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode.
Lens focal length: 6.5 mm
User comments: 125 bytes
Supported Flashpix version: 0100
Color Space: Uncalibrated
Valid image width in pixel: 1000
Valid image height in pixel: 657
File source: reserved
Scene type: reserved
Custom image processing: Normal process
Exposure method: Manual exposure
White balance: Auto white balance
Digital zoom ratio: not used
Scene capture type: Standard
Gain control: Low gain up
Contrast: Normal
Saturation: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
-- Thumbnail IFD --:
Compression scheme: JPEG
Offset to JPEG SOI: 1238

does that mean its fake? I think so…

Daveway
Feb 25, 2006, 11:55 AM
does that mean its fake? I think so…

Well it would mean thi picture was taken a few weeks ago. On the other hand, the cameras clock may not be set correctly.;)

katie ta achoo
Feb 25, 2006, 11:57 AM
Image title: *snip*

OWNED!

but then again, I didn't have my camera clock set correctly for a really long time...

but it was messed with in photoshop
but that could just be to fix contrast and colours and stuff

but..
but..

*head explodes*

cwedl
Feb 25, 2006, 11:57 AM
Image title: OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA...........

where did you get all of this information? I'm curious?

yankeefan24
Feb 25, 2006, 11:58 AM
Well it would mean thi picture was taken a few weeks ago. On the other hand, the cameras clock may not be set correctly.;)

that is likely, but i was thinking about the fact that it had photoshop as the software. to me, that implies that the pic has been edited. but thats just me.

iMeowbot
Feb 25, 2006, 12:00 PM
where did you get all of this information? I'm curious?
That's the EXIF data embedded in the image. You can see it in Bridge or GraphicConverter, if you have those.

Other suspicious bits are the manual exposure (who would take time to mess with that and not flip on the light?) and the very sharp borders around the "TV image" that can be seen if you play with curves or levels -- nothing else is that sharply defined. Really now, what's up with this?

Glenn Wolsey
Feb 25, 2006, 12:04 PM
I hope this is true. If you post some more images I may believe you. Come on! :D

ITASOR
Feb 25, 2006, 12:07 PM
that is likely, but i was thinking about the fact that it had photoshop as the software. to me, that implies that the pic has been edited. but thats just me.

Could have just been used to resize, so that's not a very good clue.

Glenn Wolsey
Feb 25, 2006, 12:10 PM
Brian Peppers is online, so where has he disappeared to...? Brian, come and explain :P

katie ta achoo
Feb 25, 2006, 12:11 PM
Brian Peppers is online, so where has he disappeared to...? Brian, come and explain :P

He could've just left his computer on with the window open.
I do it all the time.

I am a bum. :(

Glenn Wolsey

Oh, more pictures tomorrow :(

Vader
If he indeed does have it, why title the thread as he did?
If his story was true, wouldn't he call it more like, "I have the 6g iPod L@@K!!!!1!1!11!!!!1"

aswitcher
Feb 25, 2006, 12:12 PM

Yeah I noticed that too. For someone sleepy he has been up an hour to admire his handy work...

iGary
Feb 25, 2006, 12:13 PM
Um, lets think about the screen name.

The EXIF data...

Uh...duh....

JHipp
Feb 25, 2006, 12:19 PM
I say it's fake, as much as I wish it was real..

onemacmini
Feb 25, 2006, 12:22 PM
NOT SAYING ITS FAKE TO SOON BUT...... if you did have this you would take millions of photos and head to the press and earn you self some ££££. also woy would take quality photos so if its true people wouldnt say it isnt.

also you cant have a Ipod with out a new one coming in in less than 3 months !!! how stupid.

aswitcher
Feb 25, 2006, 12:22 PM
Um, lets think about the screen name.

AH yeah, I think that's killed it ;)

katie ta achoo
Feb 25, 2006, 12:29 PM
also you cant have a Ipod with out a new one coming in in less than 3 months !!! how stupid.

yeah you can.
it's Apple. They can do whatever they want.

aswitcher
NOT SAYING ITS FAKE TO SOON BUT...... if you did have this you would take millions of photos and head to the press and earn you self some ££££. also woy would take quality photos so if its true people wouldnt say it isnt.

Agreed, thats an option but really its about proof - he aint given us any. 4-5 different angles and screens would suffice.

No, Steve made pretty clear that the 5th Gen iPod is principally a music player with video capability - not a video ipod. Brining out an iPod made for video would in effect create a new iPod line and still leave the current 5th gen in the market (at a lesser price point).

iMeowbot
AH yeah, I think that's killed it ;)
A handle like that actually added a little bit of credibility (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77079).

Salasm
Feb 25, 2006, 12:30 PM
I say it's fake, as much as I wish it was real..
EXIF meta data proves nothing about it's authenticity.

I believe it's real. (or an extremely good digital fake by a very, very experienced photoshopper.)

Sam*
Feb 25, 2006, 12:31 PM
Whats A Halo Spill:confused:

T'hain Esh Kelch
Feb 25, 2006, 12:35 PM
HmMmm.. It smells like a duck is hiding behind that iPod Video... O_o

iMeowbot
Feb 25, 2006, 12:36 PM
Whats A Halo Spill:confused:
It's a long way of saying "BS". that's just a reflection of the light source in the original photo. What we have here is a picture frame.

I'm tempted to post a picture of a shaving mirror to see how many people would be willing to shell out $500 for it. :p

Vader
Feb 25, 2006, 12:40 PM
What is it supposed to be sitting on?
It has nothing touching it, yet it has no tilt (like if it was leaning back on something).

maya
Feb 25, 2006, 12:41 PM
It's a long way of saying "BS". that's just a reflection of the light source in the original photo. What we have here is a picture frame.

I'm tempted to post a picture of a shaving mirror to see how many people would be willing to shell out $500 for it. :p

You mean Santa Claus is "not real." :(

penguinman
Feb 25, 2006, 12:44 PM
i dont get what you all are talking about, it looks like a 5g to me

2nyRiggz
Feb 25, 2006, 12:44 PM
I just got a hold of a snap shot of OS11!! my friend from mars sent it to me!! its lovely!

Bless

iMeowbot
Feb 25, 2006, 12:56 PM
You mean Santa Claus is "not real." :(
I have incontrovertible proof that Santa is real. He works part time at the gas station up the hill. No one else could grow a beard like that.

maya
Feb 25, 2006, 12:56 PM
I just got a hold of a snap shot of OS11!! my friend from mars sent it to me!! its lovely!

Bless

Oh you mean MarS. Gottcha ;)

Well we all knew that Mac OS X86 will be called Vista when it's actually Mac OS 11. ;)

maya
Feb 25, 2006, 12:57 PM
I have incontrovertible proof that Santa is real. He works part time at the gas station up the hill. No one else could grow a beard like that.

Who am I, sir to call you a liar then. ;) :)

cwedl
Feb 25, 2006, 12:58 PM
Oh, more pictures tomorrow :( Yeah he hasn't made them yet!:p

flyfish29
Feb 25, 2006, 01:00 PM
Faker faker cookie baker!

If it was real and was in fact photoshopped then it would not have been as dark and crappy would it? Of course not! Waste of a thread if you ask me!

2nyRiggz
Feb 25, 2006, 01:07 PM

Are you sure about this? i know i saw santa sleeping on the sidewalk in Harlem(maybe he is doing a test to see who will help him)

Bless

zap2
Feb 25, 2006, 01:12 PM
Looks cool!

However u doubt it real,

however Apple did shipped Tiger early,

However we knew about Tiger, would steve really let this slip by?

I hope so!

however i might want it to be real so bad, its messing with my mind

MacRumoron
Feb 25, 2006, 01:23 PM
that thing looks huge, it wouldn't fit in my pocket

im glad its fake (i think)

john159
Feb 25, 2006, 01:24 PM
24 season 4 box set is behind it.. if that means anything... the railroad above the supposed "ipod" and the like nose to the right

That also gives it proportional sizes if it is infact real - doubtful

Whats the grate to the left of it...

http://www.freewebs.com/24uk/season%204%20dvd%20r1.JPG

Vader
Feb 25, 2006, 01:27 PM
yeah, that has 0s and 1s on the face.

jimsowden
Feb 25, 2006, 01:31 PM
It's not 16x9 at all. My expert opinion? 5th gen with a screen dup. Easy. Next?

lordj4000
Feb 25, 2006, 01:58 PM
24 season 4 box set is behind it.. if that means anything... the railroad above the supposed "ipod" and the like nose to the right

That also gives it proportional sizes if it is infact real - doubtful

Whats the grate to the left of it...

That "grate" is called a Powermac :)

prostuff1
Feb 25, 2006, 02:07 PM

Why are you going to bed?? Its was about 12:30 in the afternoon when you posted that.

Oh, and were abouts in toledo are you?? I would be more then happy to stop by and take a lok at it. Just to validate that it is in fact real.

supergod
Feb 25, 2006, 02:08 PM

That "grate" is not a powermac. It's some sort of external HD I think.

calculus
Feb 25, 2006, 02:09 PM
Hey Guys,

I just thought I take a quick snap of the new 6th gen asap, I know its a bit dark but I just arrived back home (2am). To my suprise a package from my friend in China had been delivered.

I know some people will immediately deem this as a fake and to be honest I don't care since the announcement is only days away.

My mate in China works at a distribution/courier facility which she managed to snatch several out of the box and decided to send me one since I did her quite a few favours in the past :)

The 6th Gen iPod also came with a copy of Quicktime 7.1 which has the new iTunes like gradients. I used the new Quicktime to encode a clip of 24 from a DVD I ripped earlier last week for a mate (new iPod export option).

So you're admitting to receiving stolen goods then...

prostuff1
Feb 25, 2006, 02:13 PM

You are correct. It is a rosewill enclosure made to look like a Powermac case. Do a search on newegg.com and you will find it.

Maxwell Smart
Feb 25, 2006, 02:19 PM
hmmm this is seeming faker and faker by the minute ;)

Modrak
Feb 25, 2006, 03:42 PM
great iMac G4 shot and photoshop scaledown :)

john159
Feb 25, 2006, 05:35 PM

Why are you going to bed?? Its was about 12:30 in the afternoon when you posted that.

Oh, and were abouts in toledo are you?? I would be more then happy to stop by and take a lok at it. Just to validate that it is in fact real.

lets see some more picutures.. but wait its 6 30 at night already so you might be asleep... or still asleep :)

maestro55
Feb 25, 2006, 06:11 PM
Certainly fake, since the originial poster didn't feel the need to make any more comments in this thread or post any more pictures.

amateurmacfreak
Feb 25, 2006, 06:19 PM
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Are you being serious or referring back to that "Mac mini" external hard drive madness from the rumors of MWSF??
Er, maybe you were being serious. Perhaps it is. It just reminded me of that. :rolleyes:

amateurmacfreak
Feb 25, 2006, 06:20 PM
Certainly fake, since the originial poster didn't feel the need to make any more comments in this thread or post any more pictures.
Yeah, that's why I incredibly doubt this.

Josh396
Feb 25, 2006, 06:34 PM
So you're admitting to receiving stolen goods then...
I'm surprised no one else has pointed that out by now.

pknz
Feb 25, 2006, 06:54 PM
So, is it tomorrow yet?

PS, I'm calling faker. Who would go to sleep if they had one?

amateurmacfreak
Feb 25, 2006, 07:27 PM
So, is it tomorrow yet?

PS, I'm calling faker. Who would go to sleep if they had one?
Seriously. Especially when it's the weekend.
*cough* fake *cough*
Although something like this wouldn't suprise me... on Tuesday would be sorta suprising to me though... nothing should be suprising when Apple's the company. :rolleyes: ;)

KKKL
Feb 25, 2006, 07:37 PM
along with iTunes 7.0 i think

and... some people will spend a lot of time on converting videos again:D

ToastMaster
Feb 25, 2006, 07:42 PM
As much as I really want this to be real, the fact that he only posted one freaking picture, the bad quality, and my own total skepticism of tech rumors make me believet this to be a hoax. A great hoax, but nonetheless a hoax. But don't quote me on that if it does (though I doubt it) turn out to be real.

KKKL
Feb 25, 2006, 07:43 PM
another pic i found
http://img5.pcpop.com/ArticleImages/400x300/0/243/000243155.jpg

CoMpX
Feb 25, 2006, 07:45 PM
Tell me if anyone agrees,but now that I look at it I noticed something. Notice the size proportion of the "iPod" in front of the DVD case. It seems very small, no? What this looks like to me is just a pic of a regular 5G iPod with the bottom cut off. Any thoughts on this?

ToastMaster
Feb 25, 2006, 07:45 PM
Hey... where'd you find that pic all of a sudden? Don't tell me you've got a 6g too.

(edit) CoMpX: You know, that looks a LOT like the top of my 5g. He could have just stretched it out. I think you're onto something.

john159
Feb 25, 2006, 07:49 PM
Tell me if anyone agrees,but now that I look at it I noticed something. Notice the size proportion of the "iPod" in front of the DVD case. It seems very small, no? What this looks like to me is just a pic of a regular 5G iPod with the bottom cut off. Any thoughts on this?

thats what i thought when i posted the 24 box picture... i took my ipod 5g and put it up to my 24 box... and it barley fits in the space.. just like the one in the photo.. i think it is fake

john159
Feb 25, 2006, 07:50 PM
another pic i found
http://img5.pcpop.com/ArticleImages/400x300/0/243/000243155.jpg

yeh that photo was in a few threads yesterday

CoMpX
Feb 25, 2006, 07:51 PM
Hey... where'd you find that pic all of a sudden? Don't tell me you've got a 6g too.

(edit) CoMpX: You know, that looks a LOT like the top of my 5g. He could have just stretched it out. I think you're onto something.

Yes, it does look like it might have been stretch out because when I compare it to my 5G, that screen is wider. I think he took the top of a 5G, added a little bottom of it to make it look like hte whole thing is there, stretched out the image of it, and then pasted a video on it. ;) :cool:

Vader
Feb 25, 2006, 07:59 PM
to refute that last image:
http://www.blogeek.ch/images/news/ipodvideo.gif

JHipp
Feb 25, 2006, 08:04 PM
to refute that last image:
http://www.blogeek.ch/images/news/ipodvideo.gif

Haha.

BUSTED!

w_parietti22
Feb 25, 2006, 08:06 PM
ok nevermind that....

CoMpX
Feb 25, 2006, 08:06 PM
Haha.

BUSTED!

On the website, the guy who made this image posted it and "turned himself in." At least he admitted it and let us all know.

Freddie Mercury
Feb 25, 2006, 09:08 PM
On the website, the guy who made this image posted it and "turned himself in." At least he admitted it and let us all know.
What? You've got it all wrong. He made the image (in five minutes) just to show how easily something like it could be fake, and the first time he posted it, he wrote directly above it something along the lines of "here's a picture I just made in Photoshop." He never turned himself in after posting the image or anything like that.

CoMpX
Feb 25, 2006, 09:23 PM
What? You've got it all wrong. He made the image (in five minutes) just to show how easily something like it could be fake, and the first time he posted it, he wrote directly above it something along the lines of "here's a picture I just made in Photoshop." He never turned himself in after posting the image or anything like that.

Ohhhhhh. I see, thanks for clearing that up.

BrianPeppers
Feb 25, 2006, 10:47 PM
Here's a pic of the back of it. It's apparently the 30gb model but whats quite noticeable is the length. Its quite shorter than the original iPod.

Also, the external HD behind it is an IceCUBE II :)

CoMpX
Feb 25, 2006, 10:49 PM
Here's a pic of the back of it. It's apparently the 30gb model but whats quite noticeable is the length. Its quite shorter than the original iPod.

Also, the external HD behind it is an IceCUBE II :)

Camon please don't tease us like this!! lol....Just like take pics at all angles...show us the GUI...the ports...the sides...more pics of the front...everything!. By just posting obscure shots like this, nobody, including me, is going to believe you.

Vader
Feb 25, 2006, 10:50 PM
that is a regular iPod upside down!!!
If you want to make anyone believe, post a pic of it from the front in good lighting with you using it, so we see how the touch wheel shows up.

Glenn Wolsey
Feb 25, 2006, 10:51 PM
More pictures mate!!!

BrianPeppers
Feb 25, 2006, 10:57 PM
that is a regular iPod upside down!!!
If you want to make anyone believe, post a pic of it from the front in good lighting with you using it, so we see how the touch wheel shows up.

Its actually much shorter, how can you say its the regular iPod?

yankeefan24
Feb 25, 2006, 10:59 PM

i was also a little confused by that. it didn't look exactly like an ipod, so i didn't think it could be an upside down ipod.

Glenn Wolsey
Feb 25, 2006, 10:59 PM

Maybe you could proove it by posting more images. If you aren't posting any more then its pretty simple to come to the conclusion its fake.

Vader
Feb 25, 2006, 11:03 PM
Hey Guys,
[snip]

why is the first pic show a screen ratio that is similar to that of a monitor (not a 4:3)
the this new image is longer than it should be considering its width.

Glenn Wolsey
Feb 25, 2006, 11:07 PM
I'm talking to him right now, I will post the rest of the chat later :)

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/502/screenshot9md.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

aswitcher
Feb 25, 2006, 11:08 PM
Maybe you could proove it by posting more images. If you aren't posting any more then its pretty simple to come to the conclusion its fake.

Yeppa...clearly gets his thrills from dragging these things out...

Glenn Wolsey
Feb 25, 2006, 11:09 PM
And the rest:

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9420/screenshot16bl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

aswitcher
Feb 25, 2006, 11:12 PM
And the rest:

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9420/screenshot16bl.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

:)

QCassidy352
Feb 25, 2006, 11:13 PM
so he wants to show it to us, but won't post any pictures that actually verify anything? Yeah, right. Move along folks, nothing to see here. :rolleyes:

Glenn Wolsey
Feb 25, 2006, 11:14 PM
Thats all for now folks.

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2361/screenshot6vh.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

whee900
Feb 25, 2006, 11:19 PM
We don't need to waste any more time on this; we've all established that this isn't true.

CoMpX
Feb 25, 2006, 11:23 PM
We don't need to waste any more time on this; we've all established that this isn't true.

Well, I don't know about this now. I meant look at that Aim convo. Sure he could just be making it up, but he is able to come up with pretty detailed info. I'm definitely not saying that this confirms it as real, its just a possibility. So what if it's smaller than the 5G itself? Apple could have made a smaller form factor all together. I am very excited to see!

2nyRiggz
Feb 25, 2006, 11:26 PM
POST STARTER: you are full of it.....taking a picture of the back? why dont you take a picture of u holding it or the box it came in...not the back......dude go on with that and be real.

Bless

Vader
Feb 25, 2006, 11:29 PM
I talked to the guy in iChat.
He said he is scared of Apple legal. He says that is why photos of new items are always blurry, so they don't positively confirm a new item, so no lawsuit.

BrianPeppers
Feb 25, 2006, 11:32 PM
I talked to the guy in iChat.
He said he is scared of Apple legal. He says that is why photos of new items are always blurry, so they don't positively confirm a new item, so no lawsuit.

Well not scared, just smart about it (Engadget taught me well) :)

2nyRiggz
Feb 25, 2006, 11:33 PM
You should not post it if u are scared....should just wait until the day it is announce then come out and say "hey look everyone, look what i got"

Bless

aswitcher
Feb 25, 2006, 11:38 PM
Or you should leak it via annonymous channels to a mac news site so they can put it out their with no reference or risk to you...

Unless its the glory you are looking for - but if thats the case you need to cough more up...

Vader
Feb 25, 2006, 11:41 PM
I think even if it is fake, there have been so many rumors of this that look the same, maybe it is in fact a real thing that Apple will make/has made, but what is to say that it is what will be released on Tuesday?

mjstew33
Feb 25, 2006, 11:44 PM
I think it's real. We have seen pictures just like it all over the Internet. But that's just me.

iMeowbot
Feb 25, 2006, 11:46 PM
I think even if it is fake, there have been so many rumors of this that look the same, maybe it is in fact a real thing that Apple will make/has made,
There are many, many pictures (http://images.google.com/images?q=unicorn) of unicorns to be found around the Web, all remarkably alike. Can we therefore conclude that such animals are likely to exist?

Vader
Feb 25, 2006, 11:47 PM
LOL
But an iPod is not a mythical creature thought up over a thousand years ago.

CoMpX
Feb 25, 2006, 11:56 PM
LOL
But an iPod is not a mythical creature thought up over a thousand years ago.

Well then what the hell am I so excited about?

iMeowbot
Feb 25, 2006, 11:59 PM
Well, it's pretty easy to paste a rectangular image on top of a rectangular object. It's even easier than adding a pointy horn to a horse's forehead.

Isn't it odd that the face of the BrianPeppers "iPod" has the rounded edges of the fourth generation iPod, while the in the "Chinese factory" photo the device has the flat edges of the fifth generation iPod?

Vader
Feb 26, 2006, 12:01 AM
Well, it's pretty easy to paste a rectangular image on top of a rectangular object. It's even easier than adding a pointy horn to a horse's forehead.

Isn't it odd that the face of the BrianPeppers "iPod" has the rounded edges of the fourth generation iPod, while the in the "Chinese factory" photo the device has the flat edges of the fifth generation iPod?
Its front? I never saw an image posted by BrianPeppers that really showed the front.

iMeowbot
Feb 26, 2006, 12:05 AM
Its front? I never saw an image posted by BrianPeppers that really showed the front.
The second image shows the profile, and the first clearly shows the rounded edge in the upper left corner.

CoMpX
Feb 26, 2006, 12:28 AM
The second image shows the profile, and the first clearly shows the rounded edge in the upper left corner.

Well that is a pic of it face down. The front has square edges just like the 5G.

MacsomJRR
Feb 26, 2006, 12:39 AM
the speculation continues... It's gotta be fake though. Why would mr. random newbie guy post two crappy pics of the hottest supposedly non-existant device to date?

Answer = because it's fake.

Nonetheless I am still awaiting next Tuesday and getting giddy as a school girl:)

iMeowbot
Feb 26, 2006, 12:55 AM
Well that is a pic of it face down. The front has square edges just like the 5G.
The face-down picture is where you can most clearly see the rounded edges :)

BrianSalts
Feb 26, 2006, 01:06 AM
Hey all, here are some more details i've learned:

- the battery life doesn't seem like its changed a bit
- the click wheel is as transparent as the volume on the 5g ipod video playing video
- the stopwatch is not brushed metal anymore
- the hold button is now called "lock"
- same dock connector
- same thickness as 5g ipod
- screen smudges

Glenn Wolsey
Feb 26, 2006, 01:12 AM

- the click wheel is as transparent as the volume on the 5g ipod video playing video
- same dock connector
- screen smudges

Wanna post pictures to verify those?

diddy
Feb 26, 2006, 01:14 AM
BrianPeppers, verified by BrianSalts?

Somebody's just being a jerk. (check their posts)

MacsomJRR
Feb 26, 2006, 01:20 AM

- same dock connector
- screen smudges

BrianMustards is on his way to discuss the unbearable harddrive noise too.

Lord Blackadder
Feb 26, 2006, 01:23 AM
I call BS...somebody getting their rocks off with a little prank at 2am. Nothing to see here folks, back to your porn surfing.

BrianSalts
Feb 26, 2006, 01:25 AM
more details:

- can be in landscape or portrait mode, set in settings
- word time clock has 2 columns in landscape mode
- new apple accessory to be announced on the 28th- some sort of ipod docking thing with wireless speakers, or non wireless, not sure.

BrianPeppers
Feb 26, 2006, 01:58 AM
WTF Brian Salts? :)

BrianPeppers
Feb 26, 2006, 02:44 AM
Here's another picture I took....

aswitcher
Feb 26, 2006, 03:03 AM

Just enough to tease me to post again...how about a shot with the thing on!

BrianPeppers
Feb 26, 2006, 03:04 AM
Here's another Jack Bauer Fact..

"Steve Jobs only announces new products if Jack Bauer lets him" :)

BrianPeppers
Feb 26, 2006, 03:05 AM
Just enough to tease me to post again...how about a shot with the thing on!

I already did that in the first shot :)

aswitcher
Feb 26, 2006, 03:10 AM
I already did that in the first shot :)

Sorry, let me clarify. A shot on a slight angle of the front with the root level menu system displayed... And try and add some decent background lighting so it doesn't look so obscure.

A real killer would be a movie of this thing in operation...but I'll be happy to see the root level first.

tag
Feb 26, 2006, 03:16 AM
Man after seeing all these 24 case shots, now I really wanna watch 24! I don't think I'll be getting alot done today. :D

iProd
Feb 26, 2006, 03:17 AM

Have none of you seen how the Apple logo and the other stuff is in the same place as a regular iPod? Shouldn't they ideally be ajusted to be proportional with it?

ucscc10
Feb 26, 2006, 03:21 AM
i think that the apple logo would be placed depending on where the headphones port and hold switch are. especially so if it can be oriented either landscape or portrait...just my thought.

Zillatron
Feb 26, 2006, 03:41 AM

The reflection of the blue light on the table in front of the 'iPod' shouldnt be there.

The light is coming from the disk thingy in the background and the reflection on the 'back' of the ipod is in the right place. But the light on the table shouldnt be there, unless that blue light is doing a 90degree turn after it passes the 'close' end of the ipod - its fake.

SpaceMagic
Feb 26, 2006, 03:45 AM
What an exciting thread! I'm going to keep an open mind... even if this isn't an iPod video, it's what I'd like one to look like.

Face it guys, only 2 more days to wait. Breathe..

EricNau
Feb 26, 2006, 03:45 AM
The reflection of the blue light on the table in front of the 'iPod' shouldnt be there.

The light is coming from the disk thingy in the background and the reflection on the 'back' of the ipod is in the right place. But the light on the table shouldnt be there, unless that blue light is doing a 90degree turn after it passes the 'close' end of the ipod - its fake.
Unless it's a different light...

and really, even if this isn't a new iPod, I'm pretty sure it's just an old one lying face down, so the weird light thing doesn't seem to prove much.

(I think) there really is an iPod there, it's just a question of if it's new or not.

fener
Feb 26, 2006, 03:46 AM

Santa *was real; born and lived in Turkey

Zillatron
Feb 26, 2006, 03:50 AM
unless it's a different light...
Dont get me wrong, i think this device is coming (maybe not an ipod, more pda type thing.)

You can make a line up from the reflection on the desk to the light on the dick and its on a slight angle, but the lines are parallel. I'd be suprised if its different - but i'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Z

EricNau
Feb 26, 2006, 03:54 AM
Dont get me wrong, i think this device is coming (maybe not an ipod, more pda type thing.)

You can make a line up from the reflection on the desk to the light on the dick and its on a slight angle, but the lines are parallel. I'd be suprised if its different - but i'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Z
I think you got a typo in there ;)

I'm not really sure I follow what your saying. That light shouldn't be there - that makes sense to me.
But as far as proving that this image is a fake; I'm not sure how it does that. :confused:

BrianPeppers
Feb 26, 2006, 04:05 AM

Its coming from the IceCube II not the maxtor, I can see it on my desk now.

EricNau
Feb 26, 2006, 04:06 AM
I really have no idea what to think... :confused:

Zillatron
Feb 26, 2006, 04:07 AM
I'm not really sure I follow what your saying. That light shouldn't be there - that makes sense to me.
But as far as proving that this image is a fake; I'm not sure how it does that. :confused:

The light cant be there, the ipod is between the light source and the reflection. i'm not saying the device is fake, just the photo has a serious flaw.

That says photo is fake to me ;)

Z

Sam*
Feb 26, 2006, 04:19 AM
Only way to settle this if you make a video of it actauly on and it doing something

BrianPeppers
Feb 26, 2006, 04:19 AM
Attached image to prove the light source aint fake. The piece of paper is totally blocking the maxtor drive.

calculus
Feb 26, 2006, 04:23 AM
Attached image to prove the light source aint fake. The piece of paper is totally blocking the maxtor drive.
This is getting ridiculous, back to my earlier question - are you still happy to admit to receiving stolen goods?

Zillatron
Feb 26, 2006, 04:25 AM
Its coming from the IceCube II not the maxtor, I can see it on my desk now.

Granted Brian. Its a bit hard to tell - i think i'm going to go with a 'no result' on this one.

Can you tell us if this new ipod has an enhanced calendar, more pda type funcations?

Z

edit: Sorry Brian - i'm not calling you a liar. I shouldnt have used the word 'fake'. Its just a bit hard to tell from the picture.

cwedl
Feb 26, 2006, 04:28 AM
I will believe you BrianPeppers if you post a picture of the digital click wheel! only them will people believe you!

iwamas
Feb 26, 2006, 04:38 AM
BRIANPEPPERS, The fact that you won't post more pictures, or a video of the thing supports the consensus that it is a fake. And please don't use the "I'm scared Apple will sue me" line, because they can't sue you. You haven't signed a confidentiality agreement with them nor an NDA of any kind. You simply have recieved an item in the mail, and are posting pictures of it. Apple wouldn't have any legal ground against you. So please, put up some substantial proof, or drop it....

calculus
Feb 26, 2006, 04:53 AM
BRIANPEPPERS, The fact that you won't post more pictures, or a video of the thing supports the consensus that it is a fake. And please don't use the "I'm scared Apple will sue me" line, because they can't sue you. You haven't signed a confidentiality agreement with them nor an NDA of any kind. You simply have recieved an item in the mail, and are posting pictures of it. Apple wouldn't have any legal ground against you. So please, put up some substantial proof, or drop it....
So far Dr. Pepper hasn't posted any convincing proof of anything. He has used the same technique that people selling fake goods use - imply that the thing has been stolen. People here have then fallen into the trap of arguing about minor details like lighting - this keeps the focus away from the bigger picture. I vote we all just drop it now and stop him from getting any more attention. None of this means of course that there isn't a product something like this on the way!

BrianPeppers
Feb 26, 2006, 05:05 AM
Well guys it has been a fun ride!!! :)

Now check out the truth ehhe :)

mcmadhatter
Feb 26, 2006, 05:12 AM
lol,

and everyone was getting well worked up, if only the apple press conference was on april the 2nd

SpaceMagic
Feb 26, 2006, 05:25 AM
Awww... how boring. I wanted it to be true! Perhaps you shouldn't have said that it's a fake and then wait until tuesday. It's highly likely the new ipod will look like this anyway! That way, your credability would be heightened and people would worship you... :p

briangig
Feb 26, 2006, 06:24 AM

Not that it matters, but that light is there because it reflected off the lens of the camera...

Shaun.P
Feb 26, 2006, 06:51 AM
Post 145 looks just like a black 5G Video iPod. What's the difference from the current iPod? Why is there a picture of a weird looking guy in the middle of the pictures?

How does the very first picture on the first post in this topic look different from the pictures above I have mentioned?

I am confused! Am I missing something?

calculus
Feb 26, 2006, 07:06 AM
Well done Mr. Pepper. I really loved the way folks got sidetracked into arguing with you about a blue light.

cwedl
Feb 26, 2006, 08:11 AM
Hehe, You have to glad that most people will see the funny side to this, I for one can, I don't have any money to buy a new iPod anyways!

yankeefan24
Feb 26, 2006, 08:26 AM
Post 145 looks just like a black 5G Video iPod. What's the difference from the current iPod? Why is there a picture of a weird looking guy in the middle of the pictures?

How does the very first picture on the first post in this topic look different from the pictures above I have mentioned?

I am confused! Am I missing something?

yes. it's just a fancy photoshop job with two 5G iPod's. There isn't a difference. And i think you mean post 144.

Smart idea pepper. but i will never trust a pic you send up here again.:D ;)

runninmac
Feb 26, 2006, 10:09 AM
Aw... Im a little disappointed... I really wanted it to be true:p

jimsowden
Feb 26, 2006, 10:24 AM
Who called this on like the second page? Come on people

QCassidy352
Feb 26, 2006, 10:49 AM
I can't believe this was acutally seriously debated.

TMA
Feb 26, 2006, 11:36 AM
Well guys it has been a fun ride!!! :)

Now check out the truth ehhe :)

Is that you in the middle? Or what? What is it?

noaccess
Feb 26, 2006, 11:53 AM
Brian Peppers (http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/peppers.asp)

But having Brian Peppers as a member name is... scary :eek:

kugino
Feb 26, 2006, 12:04 PM
There are many, many pictures (http://images.google.com/images?q=unicorn) of unicorns to be found around the Web, all remarkably alike. Can we therefore conclude that such animals are likely to exist?
aahh, finally! the most intelligent post i've read in a long time. spoken like a true philosopher!

kugino
Feb 26, 2006, 12:07 PM

i did not have to see that

Xephian
Feb 26, 2006, 12:43 PM

Heh, I never knew his real name before.

Xephian
Feb 26, 2006, 12:44 PM
Here's a biography on him: http://gameboyrmh.atspace.com/bpbio.htm

JoshPowell
Feb 26, 2006, 02:10 PM
I really want this to be real.. but I don't think it is.

However, you can prove it to me right now.. beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind. You said it came with Quicktime 7.1, right? So.. upload Quicktime 7.1 somewhere and let me download it.

There isn't any way you can spoof that.

Josh

TMA
Feb 26, 2006, 02:21 PM
I really want this to be real.. but I don't think it is.

However, you can prove it to me right now.. beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind. You said it came with Quicktime 7.1, right? So.. upload Quicktime 7.1 somewhere and let me download it.

There isn't any way you can spoof that.

Josh

Um.. I think you need to read back a few posts ;)

JoshPowell
Feb 26, 2006, 02:45 PM
Um.. I think you need to read back a few posts ;)

Yeah I know.. its most likely fake. I just thought I'd give him one last chance to redeem himself ;)

Honestly, I don't really care what will be released on the 28th.. knowing it isn't important. We can't buy it yet anyway ;) We'll just have to wait two days.

Josh

ToastMaster
Feb 26, 2006, 04:02 PM
I knew it was too good to be true.

Who was that "Brian Salts" guy, btw?

AvSRoCkCO1067
Feb 26, 2006, 04:05 PM
Yeah I know.. its most likely fake. I just thought I'd give him one last chance to redeem himself ;)

Honestly, I don't really care what will be released on the 28th.. knowing it isn't important. We can't buy it yet anyway ;) We'll just have to wait two days.

Josh

He did redeem himself. By saying it was a fake. A few posts ago.

And don't lie; you totally care what's going to be released on the 28th. Otherwise, you wouldn't be posting on this forum...;) :rolleyes:

PCUser05
Sep 4, 2006, 10:59 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble Brian Peppers...

1. The screen is an obvious printed image obvious due to the lines AND that its not cut properly
2. The image isnt cut properl and you can actually see the screen (notice the blue line on the image below).... yes surprize surprise this is a 5G iPod
http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fakeipod1td3.jpg
*Notice the blue lines highlighting the screen....

fenixx
Sep 4, 2006, 11:05 AM

1. The screen is an obvious printed image obvious due to the lines AND that its not cut properly
2. The image isnt cut properl and you can actually see the screen (notice the blue line on the image below).... yes surprize surprise this is a 5G iPod

Why did you bump this up from FEBRUARY?

I think we know that it is fake, and if we didn't -- the 7 month interval of time in which it was posted would have maybe gave us a hint.

yg17
Sep 4, 2006, 11:33 AM

http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/0822/thanksfortheinfo.jpg

Counterfit
Sep 4, 2006, 02:38 PM
Buddy Christ = win.

bluetorch18
Sep 4, 2006, 02:59 PM
You all should stop feeding this thread and just let it go as it is, a fake.

jjmack85
Sep 5, 2006, 04:44 PM

look under the "6G ipod" haha, the shadow is of an 5th gen ipod. that settles it :)

4np
Sep 5, 2006, 05:14 PM
I call BS...somebody getting their rocks off with a little prank at 2am. Nothing to see here folks, back to your porn surfing.

As my tutor, old bubble face, used to say: "make love and be merry, for tomorrow you may catch some disgusting skin disease."

wmmk
Sep 5, 2006, 06:13 PM
actually, it's an eternal HD:rolleyes:

twistedlegato
Sep 5, 2006, 06:31 PM
look under the "6G ipod" haha, the shadow is of an 5th gen ipod. that settles it :)

i belive you mean reflection;)
And yes with that finding i do call a Fake, though not saying that the 6G ipod wont look like this, im just saying that this is not a 6G ipod!

Tommyg117
Sep 5, 2006, 07:24 PM
This got bumped up from february? Jeez. I was thinking this was a new thread! It even says something about an announcement a few days away. I give up on the 6g rumors for a little bit.

KKKL
Sep 5, 2006, 08:06 PM
seems familiar

Rower_CPU
Sep 7, 2006, 11:11 AM
Closed to ward off any further confusion with new info.