PDA

View Full Version : 2gig Mini wont playlist!

bludragon3710
Feb 26, 2006, 04:49 PM
Hey all,

This is my first ipod and it works great!... except when i try to orginize the music... If i copy all the music to the ipod in itunes (G4 quicksiver, osx jaguar, latest itunes) when i disconnect the ipod and select music>i can see all my songs YAY!

But when i have 400songs i want to orginize them into playlists!

I make my playlists and drag them onto the ipod in itunes and they all copy like normal but when i try to play them on the device the music> menu is gone.. I know the music is their because when i chose shuffle it still plays them but i cant see what list im in or anything >.<

Any secret tips im missing or something here??

Thanks,

...TJ

Edit: Oops 2gig nano!

zap2
Feb 26, 2006, 05:14 PM
2GB Nano? or 4Gb Mini? Never made a 2GB Mini

bludragon3710
Feb 26, 2006, 07:57 PM
My mistake, its a 2gb ipod nano

mad jew
Feb 26, 2006, 08:00 PM
If you've set the iPod to manually update rather than to sync playlists or the entire library, then you need to treat it as a completely separate library. In other words, when you click on the arrow next to the iPod in the iTunes sidebar, does it show all your playlists? If not, then select the iPod and create a new playlist before dragging your music to it. If you have the regular library selected then the iPod will remain with the regular library. :)

bludragon3710
Feb 26, 2006, 08:59 PM
I plug in the ipod and itunes shows up. I then select the ipod and create a playlist and drag the music from my library into that playlist.

I dont have it automaticly syncing and im not even sure how to update the pod.

Once the music menu on the pod disapears i gotta do a settings-reset all to see it again.

mad jew
Feb 26, 2006, 10:18 PM
Once the music menu on the pod disapears i gotta do a settings-reset all to see it again.

Okay, I don't quite understand this bit. Sorry for being slow, but what exactly do you do and what are the results? Are you saying the playlists eventually come up on the iPod after a reset?

bludragon3710
Feb 26, 2006, 10:35 PM
Hey.

After a soft reset all the regular ipod menus show up (music,photos,etc) so i plus my ipod into my g4.

1)itunes opens
2)click on the ipod and create a playlist
3)drag my music into the playlist
4)press eject button in itunes
5)when i look at my ipod on the main screen the music menu is gone and their is only photos, shuffle, etc
6)i do a reset all
7)choose english
8)audio menu is up and i can see my playlist
(originally i was creating playlists wrong and they wouldnt show u at all, solved that part at least)

but whenever i transfer into a new playlist i gotta reset the ipod to see the music menu.. wierd.. plus none of the tunes are alphabeticle.. i have track 1 to track 85 and it will randomly display them, how do i change that?

mad jew
Feb 26, 2006, 10:38 PM
Do you mean a restore instead of a reset? If not, then I think a restore is really the only option. The problem with a restore is that you lose your tunes on the iPod so you have to resync them all afterwards. :(

A restore is done through the iPod Software Updater (http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/). :)

bludragon3710
Feb 27, 2006, 05:03 PM
I use: iPod>Settings>Reset All Settings>Reset

I gotta do that after i upload any music in order to make the Music option in the iPod menu show up. I dont mind doing that every time now, just an odd bug.

mad jew
Feb 27, 2006, 06:30 PM
Ah, okay. Instead of doing that try simply holding down the middle button and the top of the click wheel. It does something slightly different but it should retain your settings. I wonder if it'll work better.

Oh, and I have a feeling that a restore will fix this. A restore is effectively the same as reformatting a computer and reinstalling the OS. You'll lose everything on the iPod so if you do this, be wary of that. For most people, this isn't a problem because they auto-sync everything back but it's quite a hassle if you've set the iPod to manually manage your tunes. :o

bludragon3710
Feb 28, 2006, 04:52 PM
i did a restore and now my playlist show up without a reset, thanks!

Is their a way to make my playlist alphabeticle? usual i upload them alphabeticaly but i have a Lesson 1, Lesson 2, up to Lesson 25 and itunes lists them as 1,2,3,4,5....etc while the ipod lists them 1,10,11...2,20,21... really annoying...

mad jew
Feb 28, 2006, 05:05 PM
I would have thought the iPod would mimic iTunes. It's meant to. Is the iPod formatted for PC? :)

bludragon3710
Mar 1, 2006, 10:07 PM
No its formatted and only used on my G4 (osx 10.4), i used itunes to order every one of my playlists except this one wont remember it, i wonder if their an id3 tag problm.

Is their a program that will generate id3 tages based off filename? all my music is "artist - song.mp3" i can do it on my pc but its too slow, need a mac app.