PDA

View Full Version : always having to reset my nano

bill4588
Feb 26, 2006, 07:52 PM
Ever since I got my nano for christmas I've been having to reset it at least five times a week and I was wondering if this is normal? It's really annoying and would like to fix it but if it's normal then I'll just live with it.

john159
Feb 26, 2006, 07:52 PM
did you get the new software update... 1.1

CoMpX
Feb 26, 2006, 07:54 PM
Ever since I got my nano for christmas I've been having to reset it at least five times a week and I was wondering if this is normal? It's really annoying and would like to fix it but if it's normal then I'll just live with it.

Hmm, have you tried resetting the iPod?

But seriously, this is not normal and you might want to try restoring the software using the iPod updater. This will erase everything on the iPod, however. What in particular where you doing when it freezes?

bill4588
Feb 26, 2006, 07:56 PM
when i try to turn it on, it wont. so i have to press the menu and select button until it does. it never freezes while im using it though.

CoMpX
Feb 26, 2006, 07:59 PM
when i try to turn it on, it wont. so i have to press the menu and select button until it does. it never freezes while im using it though.

If you leave your iPod in standby mode (off) for a while it will go into what is called a deep sleep mode, and it will have to boot up the next time you turn it on instead of just coming up right away. It does this to conserve battery life.
When this happens, you should just be able to push the center button and you will se the Apple logo Let us know if that works.

bill4588
Feb 26, 2006, 08:04 PM
oic that makes sense. does it always go into sleep mode? i only leave it off for a day and i have to reset it.

CoMpX
Feb 26, 2006, 08:07 PM
oic that makes sense. does it always go into sleep mode? i only leave it off for a day and i have to reset it.

I'm not sure what the exact time delay is but if you leave it for a day then it will definitely go into deep sleep mode.

bill4588
Feb 26, 2006, 08:09 PM
oh ok. i feel a lot better now. thanks for the help!! :)