Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JasonDawg18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2005
Hi Guys...

Weird problem. My 1.25GHz, 1.25 RAM, Aluminum Powerbook is losing power when plugged in. It's not draining very fast, but I've checked everything I know to check, and it's still slowly going down.

Anyone ever experience that? I looked through the forum and didn't find anything similar.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
JasonDawg18 said:
Hi Guys...

Weird problem. My 1.25GHz, 1.25 RAM, Aluminum Powerbook is losing power when plugged in. It's not draining very fast, but I've checked everything I know to check, and it's still slowly going down.

Anyone ever experience that? I looked through the forum and didn't find anything similar.

Thanks in advance,
Jason

How slow is it going down? 1 percent a day or so is normal.

JasonDawg18

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2005
Thanks for the replies...

It was weird. You know how when your computer is unplugged, the percentage goes down every few minutes (or seconds, depending on how old the computer is)? It's like it was going a point every few minutes.

The LED light was still amber.

I think I may have figured it out. I have a lot of things plugged into that wall outlet. The problem stopped when I unplugged the power cord and plugged into another outlet.

Any thoughts on that?

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
That could have been it, seeing as all the electrical outlets need a certain amount of electricity following to all the machines/appliances. You were probably hogging the circuts, so not a lot of energy was flowing to the Powerbook.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
I had the same problem when I got my iBook. You really need to plug straight into a wall or a very nice powerstrip. I have a huge (and quite expensive) cyberpower power strip that I plug into and it gives me mucho de juice.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
JasonDawg18 said:
I think I may have figured it out. I have a lot of things plugged into that wall outlet. The problem stopped when I unplugged the power cord and plugged into another outlet.

Sorry, I would have thought that you tried that straight away before posting a thread about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.