Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marchcapital

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Canada
First off i didn't create this logo. I would like your general opinion of it. Does it look proffesional for its category of company. http://www.blueoasis.ca Would you change it. If so, how?

Attachments

• blueoasis_logo.jpg
    blueoasis_logo.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 132

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
The "O" looks like it was drawn by a kindergartner...and then compressed...badly.

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
marchcapital said:
Does it look proffesional for its category of company. http://www.blueoasis.ca Would you change it. If so, how?

The use of a different font for the word "blue" is distracting (irritating) to me personally. I think simply changing the font in "blue" to match "oasis" would make it more pleasing to the eye. Otherwise, I'd redesign the entire thing - I'm not terribly fond of it in any way whatsoever.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
I'm very much on the fence with this one.
The website is rather well designed, plain yes, but it's nice & clean.

But I have to admit, the logo is out of place, maybe it's the font, maybe it's blue, maybe is the O made out of jello.

I'd say it's very close to being appropriate, but just misses the mark some how. I'd probably try toning down the blue and trying some of the colours from the cicles next to it. Actually come to think of the font in the circles might work better too

marchcapital

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Canada
thanks for all your opinions. i feel exacty he same way! the website was not created by the same person that created the logo.

frankblundt

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2005
South of the border
Not a big fan of multiple fonts myself, certainly not three in one go like this. If it was just the "O" and the rest in the same font it wouldn't be so distracting.
In terms of working with the site, it would be nice also if there was more colour integration - like the blue button being in the same blue as the logo (or vice versa would be my preference - i like muted tones). Maybe the logo could use the same three colours used on the site buttons (or two of them)? One colour logos often look a bit dull to me...

mac.FINN

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
how would I change this logo? well for starters I would smack the designer upside the head. Then I would rub his/her nose in the terrible mess he/she made.

In other words - scrap it. It's horrific. How can anyone justify 3 (1+1+1?!?) typefaces in a logo? Worse yet a logo that's only 2 words long! And that O! It looks like a half-blind 3-fingered monkey cut it out of a cardboard box and painted it blue.

If the designer of this logo is reading this, I'm sorry you should have read this a while ago.

I will say that I actually like the website - simple and effective.

Recap: everything about this logo is wrong: it's ugly, it doesn't seem to mean anything, and it's ugly.

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
mac.FINN, so I take it you LOVED this logo. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you posted because my original reaction to this logo was quite negative too. Although, I would have distilled my feelings a bit. You are a better man (er... person), than I.

The three typefaces are overkill and clashes with the main type used in the website. I'm all for stylized logos... but there is not much done to this particular logo to consider it as such. In light of the overall clean/simple site design and product-line, this logo is a mess.

mac.FINN

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
now that you mention it I do LOVE this logo. :D

I take back everything mean I said about...lol

*sigh* just kidding, it sucks.

ps. man = yes

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
I think the website itself is excellent but the logo pretty much kills it. If nothing else, at least fix the "O" and give it a smooth look.

mac.FINN

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2006
Canada
Here's hoping Hasek is healed soon! Emery's a good kid, but my faith in him has waivered quick.

hmm this thread has seemed to veer way off course... so to get back on track...

WOW what an ugly logo!:D

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
I'm no graphics designer, but that is a pretty bad logo. Enough reasons already stated.....

Frankly, no logo, and just some strainght text (all the same font) would look better then that...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.