PDA

View Full Version : Unable to change track info

Huberto
Feb 28, 2006, 05:24 AM
Anyone able to help me please? I've been trying to change incorrect or missing track info in my itunes library for ages and ages. I was determined not to give up but have had to admit defeat.

If I open the info dialogue box for an individual track the whole thing remains 'greyed out' and will not allow me to enter any info at all.

If I select multiple tracks it is NOT 'greyed out' and will allow me to enter info such as Artist or Album. However when I click OK it has not changed anything in the library.

I have searched in vain for an option in preferences that I need to change, but have run out of ideas.

I've also updated my itunes to latest version (?6)

I'm sure it's something simple. Much appreciate your help.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

robbieduncan
Feb 28, 2006, 05:56 AM
Are the files locked, not writable etc?

Are we on Windows or OSX?

Huberto
Feb 28, 2006, 06:10 AM
I'm WinXP. Yes the tracks do seem to be read only, but the 'read only' box in the propeties is not checked.

Labi
Feb 28, 2006, 07:38 AM
I'm WinXP. Yes the tracks do seem to be read only, but the 'read only' box in the propeties is not checked.

Select all the files and see if the check box for read only is checked. Then uncheck it. Hopefully the tracks we're talking are on the HD and not on a CD (just checking:))

mannix87
Feb 28, 2006, 09:40 AM
This happened to me too recently when I transferred some files from some data CDs to a PC (my nephew's) w/ the latest iTunes. My data CDs were written using an older iTunes version. Once loaded, some of the transferred files couldn't be written on/modified by iTunes (read only) for no apparent reason. I didnt attempt to find a remedy since it wasn;t a big deal for my nephew.