Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I was flamed a while back :rolleyes: for suggesting that in the lower end mac products, they would use integrated graphics.. 'No way', 'Apple would never do that' was the response with a myriad of posters posting links pointing out that Apple marketing slags of integrated graphics chips and that would mean they were going back on their own words....

OH sweet Irony,

Well I just had to take this second to say - I told you so...:p

Intel Ibook will have integrated too, Mark my words :)

Price is a bit steep now as well 889 Euro for the duo core version in Ireland. so much for their budget system...

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
What's even more funny :)

Take a new intel mac mini.

1.67 core duo

Upgrade ram to 2Gb
Upgrade Hd to 120gb
Add wired Keyboard & mouse
Add 20" Cinema Display

Total Eur 2,271.9

---------------------
Take a 20" iMac Core Duo

2Ghz core duo
Upgrade Ram to 2gb
Upgrade VideoCard to 256mb

Total Eur 2,229.01

50 Euro cheaper and a far better purchase? (better processor, better Hard Drive, proper GFX card)
WTF are apple doing with pricing these days???.

So much for those saying the switch to intel would bring cheaper prices...

2nd prediction: Intel iBook will cost more than current models......

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
MacRumorUser said:
Take a new intel mac mini.

1.67 core duo

Upgrade ram to 2Gb
Upgrade Hd to 120gb
Add wired Keyboard & mouse
Add 20" Cinema Display

Total Eur 2,271.9

---------------------
Take a 20" iMac Core Duo

2Ghz core duo
Upgrade Ram to 2gb
Upgrade VideoCard to 256mb

Total Eur 2,229.01

Mac mini isn't supposed to represent best value nor supposed to compete with iMac. Like iBook vs. PowerBook before it, Mac mini is suppose to serve different markets. If Mac mini has all that iMac has, and for less, who on earth would buy iMac?

rhsgolfer33

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
MacRumorUser said:
I was flamed a while back :rolleyes: for suggesting that in the lower end mac products, they would use integrated graphics.. 'No way', 'Apple would never do that' was the response with a myriad of posters posting links pointing out that Apple marketing slags of integrated graphics chips and that would mean they were going back on their own words....

OH sweet Irony,

Well I just had to take this second to say - I told you so...:p

Intel Ibook will have integrated too, Mark my words :)

Price is a bit steep now as well 889 Euro for the duo core version in Ireland. so much for their budget system...

Haha, its not a big deal in a system like the mini, but Id be surprised to see Apple not have dedicated graphics at atleast one price point in the iBooks, espeically if theyre getting rid of the 12" PowerBook. Also, the iBook has more flexibility at its current price than the Mini did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.