View Full Version : Refurb Powerbook Question

Feb 28, 2006, 05:22 PM
So i know this topic has been on the borads, but I need to ask your opinion. I had origionaly "pre-ordered" a Macbook 1.83, and have since canceled the order on the apple store. Mainly becasue I am sick of this pay for it now, and we will ship it when we can attitude that companies have gotten into.
Call me crazy but dont sell stuff until you have it in stock.
That aside, I am kind of glad that I killed the order, on the "sale" section of the apple store they have 1.67powerbooks for 1600.00. So I ask this question.

1. is a 1.67 powerbook all that bad a machine? (esp considering i would have enough money left over to slap in 2gigs of memory for well under the cost of a 1.83.)

2. should I just wait and get a 1.83 Macbook when the store says "will ship in 24hours"?

I mainly use the mac for Maya, and Photoshop (as a hobby) and dev/scripting for work. While I CAN deal with them in emulation, its something i keep going back and forth on. I know that universal .bins will come out for both apps.

Its just a lot of money I am about to drop, and I am afaraid I might paint myself into a corner buying a Powerbook, despite the savings.
Thank you for your time.

mad jew
Feb 28, 2006, 05:31 PM
I'd say the MacBook is a vastly superior machine and buying a PowerBook at the moment is probably a bad idea. :o

Feb 28, 2006, 06:21 PM
buy a macbook, way better