PDA

View Full Version : what your desktop look like

mac15
Feb 1, 2002, 05:15 PM
just seeing what your desktop looks like
well heres mine well only os 9 but

spikey
Feb 1, 2002, 05:30 PM
That is a screenshot of Myst, is it not?

I played that game, but couldnt complete it.

....brings back the memories.

islygon
Feb 1, 2002, 05:49 PM
Ahhh.... Myst......

I loved that game (and both sequals....)

Eric

eyelikeart
Feb 1, 2002, 06:32 PM
at work...

mac15
Feb 1, 2002, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE]
That is a screenshot of Myst, is it not?

I played that game, but couldnt complete it.

....brings back the memories.

no It's my desktop
pretty eh

chibianh
Feb 1, 2002, 06:54 PM
heh.. like the name of your hard drive

OnAShelf
Feb 1, 2002, 06:58 PM
This is the screenshot of my iMac's desktop... If you hate doughnuts, stay away!

obeygiant
Feb 1, 2002, 07:12 PM
hey. this is a kinda fun idea

here is my screen shot

http://www.geocities.com/egyptpharoh/screenshot.jpg

i hope more people do this..

kishba
Feb 1, 2002, 07:30 PM
i'm a big apple geek and a high school student (i bought an 867 g4 + superdrive + 17" apple lcd + 1.5 gig ram instead of a car!)

here's my desktop (i hid all the windows but all my usual apps are open)

macaddict123k
Feb 1, 2002, 07:34 PM
here's mine, i think osX looks way better if u soup it up compared to 9,kinda like the first guy's

imspace2
Feb 1, 2002, 08:12 PM
My crappy desktop

DakotaGuy
Feb 1, 2002, 08:13 PM
here is my desktop on my iMac...I have my iBook set up exactly the same way. The only thing I did different is show my dock...I usually leave it in hiding.

Abominog
Feb 1, 2002, 08:36 PM
Formication on Steel (http://home.earthlink.net/~duralux/dtpic.jpg)

udannlin
Feb 1, 2002, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Abercrombieboy
here is my desktop on my iMac...I have my iBook set up exactly the same way. The only thing I did different is show my dock...I usually leave it in hiding.

I like your desktop wallpaper. can you post it?

voicegy
Feb 1, 2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
at work...

AAACK! I thought I saw the last of that kewpie doll face!!!:eek:

Beej
Feb 1, 2002, 08:54 PM
Yes... it's always this clean.

http://futuremechanix.com/images/nonfm/desktop.jpg

It's shrunk to 800x600, but it's actually 1600x1200.

Like my icons?

voicegy
Feb 1, 2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by udannlin

Hey! That's what I have on one of my machines at work, too! :D

You can find it at:

http://www.macsurfshop.com/

Backtothemac
Feb 1, 2002, 08:58 PM
Here are mine.

eyelikeart
Feb 1, 2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by chibianh
heh.. like the name of your hard drive

;) thanks....

I'll post my TiBook's desktops later...

eyelikeart
Feb 1, 2002, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by voicegy

AAACK! I thought I saw the last of that kewpie doll face!!!:eek:

ha ha ha!!!! I didn't even realize it till just now! :p

Kethoticus
Feb 1, 2002, 09:39 PM
Sized-down by 50% with some items blurred out, this'll give you some idea of what my OS 9 desktop looks like. I really dig this Kaleidoscope scheme, and the background I did in Photoshop.

trinitishwar
Feb 1, 2002, 09:50 PM
Yeah, um, this is my desktop.

eyelikeart
Feb 1, 2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by imspace2
My crappy desktop

I think the purpose of this exercise was to show off the desktop of your Mac....not the actual desk-top upon which it resides...

obeygiant
Feb 1, 2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by imspace2
My crappy desktop

Dude, The bottle of track glue is classic.
But the best is the extra strength gold bond medicated powder in the teal bottle on the right. That stuff rocks. It gets rid of swamp crotch fast!!!

lol

obeygiant
Feb 1, 2002, 10:09 PM
here we go

i'm not sure the other one worked.

But that one where the guy shows his ENTIRE desktop.

Thats awesome. I think i have the same **** on my desk...

the can of compressed air, a few photos, change, wallet, burned cds w/no case, wires and cables, a glass with dried milk on the bottom, a film canister, mail, scrap paper, keys, gameboy advance, magazines...

jeeez... i prolly the only person who found that funny

mymemory
Feb 1, 2002, 10:13 PM
This is my desk top, It is a picture of me because I love my self too much.
Finally you will see how mymemory looks like!

mymemory
Feb 1, 2002, 10:15 PM
My desk top is more organize than yours =).

resm
Feb 1, 2002, 10:21 PM
here is mine. I feel like fresh air is blowing when I look at it !:rolleyes:

now I hope this time it works. first time my file was to large, so this is a reduced version made trough photoshop. the picture is the famous Matterhorn in Swizerland taken by myself with a fuji digital camera.

don't you think that will look great on my new iMac I am still waiting for to get ?:)

spuncan
Feb 1, 2002, 10:37 PM
Does anyone know if theres another way to take a picture of ur desktop other then taking a picture, or hitting print desktop cuz r familys to lazy to buy a digital camera and our printers dead. Oh yeah and other then dragthing or A-Dock are there any good OS9 dock apps because I'm getting bored of the only X like scheme for A-Dock and dragthing $uck$ for 9

748s
Feb 1, 2002, 10:50 PM
:p

kishba
Feb 1, 2002, 11:18 PM
748s...

you are a bland, bland person

i like your style :)

Beej
Feb 1, 2002, 11:46 PM
LOL. I was going to do that... you beat me to it ;)

GeeYouEye
Feb 2, 2002, 12:45 AM
:D

britboy
Feb 2, 2002, 12:57 AM
Nice, simple, stylish :p

DakotaGuy
Feb 2, 2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by udannlin

yeah like voice said you can find it at www.macsurfshop.com they have a lot of cool ones there...

bond2
Feb 2, 2002, 02:04 AM
Here is my Mac OS X desktop on my G4 400mhz Tower......as you can tell by the custom G4 icons for my Hard Drives.....enjoy

http://homepage.mac.com/bond2/desktop.jpg

-Jeff

liven2
Feb 2, 2002, 02:10 AM
I am getting my new Dual G4 Processor, Ipod, formac studio, Sound sticks, and 17 in LCD sometime next week! I can hardly wait!!!

My desktop (http://homepage.mac.com/liven2/PhotoAlbum5.html)

Nikolajf
Feb 2, 2002, 03:39 AM
Gentlemen, my desktop:

(I am quite fond of the soothing seventies colors and there is an air of boyish adventure that is quite comforting as well)

Nikolajf
Feb 2, 2002, 03:45 AM
As I was saying:

(I am quite fond of the soothing seventies colors and there is an air of boyish adventure that is quite comforting as well)

748s
Feb 2, 2002, 03:48 AM
thanks. i'm enjoying the confusion it causes......people ask me what sort of computer it is. i'll probably go back to pics and icons........sometime. if i can ever bother to learn unix i could just have the terminal up for even more confusion.

mymemory
Feb 2, 2002, 03:51 AM
I just download one of your desktop p[ictures, with icons and everything and my brother was getting crazy telling me that the mouse doesn't work, that something is wrong with the icons that doesn't open.

Where can I find themes for my desk top?

AmbitiousLemon
Feb 2, 2002, 04:27 AM
ooooh i love these. its like nerd exhibitionism. well guess its my turn to bareall.

http://www.ambitiouslemon.com/rightnow.jpg

obeygiant
Feb 2, 2002, 04:30 AM
you guys should check out:

http://www.worldwall.com

It has some different desktop pictures including some
interesting chinese propaganda paintings.
I'm no communist but the paintings do have a certain
quality that are a bit nostalgic....

...or I think the woman in the picture is sexy

don't think I'm nuts!

The Great Gonzo
Feb 2, 2002, 04:53 AM
Here's a look inside my brain (and PB G3 running OS9)

My desktop was taken from www.Alexrossart.com
One of my favorite comic artists. A beautiful site if you're into comic art.

My desktop will be changing this week, when my Dual 1ghz G4 tower arrives and i finally upgrade to OS X.

Enjoy.

Kethoticus
Feb 2, 2002, 05:24 AM
Great desktop pics guys!

Here's my OS X desktop:

resm
Feb 2, 2002, 06:14 AM
woahhhh....my last attempt to send the right attachement size worked !
but I send it on a new thread so it got lost in space !

so here again....my Matterhorn waiting for its iMac screen ! :)

Nipsy
Feb 2, 2002, 08:00 AM
For everyone complaing about OS X 'cause they only have a G4 533, here's a parting shot of my 9600, Beaster. Beaster will be replaced on Monday with my gleaming new $1200 QS 733 edu G4.

Careful, photo is actual size (three monitors big)!

http://homepage.mac.com/chrismenke/images/I_Have_3_Heads.jpg 3904 x 1200

And for those who aren't running Dual Cinema displays:

http://homepage.mac.com/chrismenke/images/Taken_Aback.jpg

mac15
Feb 2, 2002, 08:24 AM
WTF 13000 songs in itunes that has to be a record
why did you post my desktop on yer site
13000 damn
13000 WTF

britboy
Feb 2, 2002, 08:48 AM
I got my desktop background from www.digitalblasphemy.com. They've got some pretty neat stuff there!

Nipsy
Feb 2, 2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by mac15
WTF 13000 songs in itunes that has to be a record
why did you post my desktop on yer site
13000 damn
13000 WTF

Since I was too lazy to close or hide the 50 or so windows (actually, I was too lazy to restore them), your desktop is included, because I was looking at it on my desktop, when I decided to join in the fun.

Had 28,000 songs until one of my RAID drives died (always Seagate, never Quantum, always Seagate, never Quantum...), and I've had to try to rebuild. iTunes gets really slow on 'ol Beaster once you hit about 20k!

748s
Feb 2, 2002, 09:16 AM
......is that the custom built desk with the fold out pillow/headrest combo ?

Nipsy
Feb 2, 2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by 748s
......is that the custom built desk with the fold out pillow/headrest combo ?

Sadly, no.

It is the Pillow-Top-Foot-Massaging-Powered-Subwoofer-thingy (patent pending).

I did just spend $600 on wood to build the custom desk though...plans include cooled air sound isolation cabinets for 2 rackmount Suns, 2 Macs, a PC Craptop, a PC Server, and my RAID, with its own concealed power & cat 5 lines, and 'hidden' KVM, 1000bT switch, and a Pillow-top-footrest-thingy!

Oh, and a drawer for pens!

You know, the next time I bare my desk to you mongrels, I must remember to tidy a bit!

F/reW/re
Feb 2, 2002, 09:46 AM
That's all . .

http://www.virtuosity.no/desktop.gif

kishba
Feb 2, 2002, 10:20 AM
britboy and Kethoticus.....

can i PLEASE get you wallpaper?? i really llike both of them

thanks! (my desktop is in the middle of this post)

spuncan
Feb 2, 2002, 11:42 AM
Does anyone know if theres another way to take a picture of ur desktop other then taking a picture, or hitting print desktop cuz r familys to lazy to buy a digital camera and our printers dead. Oh yeah and other then dragthing or A-Dock are there any good OS9 dock apps because I'm getting bored of the only X like scheme for A-Dock and dragthing $uck$ for 9

Six
Feb 2, 2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by obeygiant
here we go

i'm not sure the other one worked.

But that one where the guy shows his ENTIRE desktop.

Thats awesome. I think i have the same **** on my desk...

the can of compressed air, a few photos, change, wallet, burned cds w/no case, wires and cables, a glass with dried milk on the bottom, a film canister, mail, scrap paper, keys, gameboy advance, magazines...

jeeez... i prolly the only person who found that funny

I found it halarious... My desk is covered in cords and accessories... Also, bowls with a tiny bit of dried up ramen noodles in the bottom, a ton of empty cans of diet mt dew and empty iced tea bottles, a few stray pictures, a few drawings, a roll of toilet paper (screw tissues, toilet paper is the way to go) and tons of pens and pencils..

And most importantly, a roll of duct tape!

I'll try and post a picture later, im a lazy lazy guy.

spuncan
Feb 2, 2002, 11:53 AM
Well after using one help search I found out how to. And think I've used apples/macs since I was five. but heres mine oh yeah once again does anyone know of a better dock app other then dragthing or A-Dock for 9.

spuncan
Feb 2, 2002, 11:54 AM
another desktop pic.

rekras
Feb 2, 2002, 12:07 PM
:eek:

Six
Feb 2, 2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by spuncan
another desktop pic.

hey, about your desktop... your version of iTunes gives me the idea youre on OS 9... is that an "aDock"? and how did you change the trash icon?

Or am i just ignorant and that is OSX? My poor iMac doesnt have the power to run OS X

eyelikeart
Feb 2, 2002, 12:30 PM

try hitting "apple + shift + 3".....

it takes a screenshot of your desktop ;)

eyelikeart
Feb 2, 2002, 12:34 PM
X on my TiBook...

I prefer a clean, uncluttered desktop on my own machine :p

Six
Feb 2, 2002, 03:59 PM
hehe, cruisin the open road on your ti-book, eyelike art?

Ensign Paris
Feb 2, 2002, 04:14 PM
Let me know what you think... (This is my PB500 Desktop)

spuncan
Feb 2, 2002, 04:25 PM
six- i love when people say that about my desktop. No its 9.1. I use A-dock and a www.wagpage.com theme that looks very similar to X for the A-Dock. For the trash I use kalideoscope and a http://www.railheaddesign.com/ scheme that is now only available on hotline or at buryme34.tripod.com/kschemes.html and Aqua X 1.3.1. And the desktop is from Wagpage also. Oh yeah and all versions of iTunes look the same I beleive 9 or X. And I use a 233 g3 desktop w/ 192 ram. So I'm probably in worse than you unless u have Rev. A or B of the iMac (both 233 bondi). I ran X for a month with bearable speed some how. Then my HD crashed and I had to get a new one so I run 9.1 for some reason 9.2 is buggy on my computer.

obeygiant
Feb 2, 2002, 04:56 PM

hey man...

it's apple/shift/3 all at the same time then you'll hear a camera shutter sound

then a pic file shows up on your hardrive....

palala
Feb 2, 2002, 06:33 PM
I know we are talking about Mac desktops, but I am so proud of my actual desktop since I suspended my old studio display on steel cables. Check it out.

Six
Feb 2, 2002, 06:57 PM
six- i love when people say that about my desktop. No its 9.1. I use A-dock and a www.wagpage.com theme that looks very similar to X for the A-Dock. For the trash I use kalideoscope and a http://www.railheaddesign.com/ scheme that is now only available on hotline or at buryme34.tripod.com/kschemes.html and Aqua X 1.3.1. And the desktop is from Wagpage also. Oh yeah and all versions of iTunes look the same I beleive 9 or X. And I use a 233 g3 desktop w/ 192 ram. So I'm probably in worse than you unless u have Rev. A or B of the iMac (both 233 bondi). I ran X for a month with bearable speed some how. Then my HD crashed and I had to get a new one so I run 9.1 for some reason 9.2 is buggy on my computer.

LOL! I just happen to be running an iMac rev B ;) I've got 96 megs of ram... so i guess i am worse than you ;) My baby here wont run OS X... But I run 9.2.2, so i have ya beat there! ;)

Six
Feb 2, 2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by palala
I know we are talking about Mac desktops, but I am so proud of my actual desktop since I suspended my old studio display on steel cables. Check it out.

Dude, thats sweet! Guess the new iMac isnt the only mac with a floating display ;)

kishba
Feb 2, 2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by palala

is that an lcd or crt?????

i have a 17 lcd that looks nothing like that, yet the 17 apple crts at school dont look quite like that

MacAztec
Feb 2, 2002, 07:02 PM
My desktop...

MacAztec
Feb 2, 2002, 07:03 PM
Collection...

Nipsy
Feb 2, 2002, 07:05 PM

Command-shift-3

palala
Feb 2, 2002, 07:08 PM
kishba, its the first digital 15" LCD from apple from around the time when the first G4's came out.

MacAztec
Feb 2, 2002, 07:16 PM
My beauty...

MacAztec
Feb 2, 2002, 07:22 PM
Your iMac can run OSX. I am running it on my 333, and my sister is running it on her 233! No problems at all!

Six
Feb 2, 2002, 07:28 PM
In theroy, one could... but I only have 96megs of ram, and 128 is required, 256 recommended.

Also I'd need 1.5 GB of open HD.

My iMac has 4 GB total, and about 70 megabites open

Six
Feb 2, 2002, 07:30 PM
Im trying to make my desktop cooler looking, like spuncans, but i cant find a copy of kalideoscope... where can i get one?

MacAztec
Feb 2, 2002, 07:31 PM
My sis only has 96 Megs of RAM. I have 288, and my G4 has 2Gigs:D

Six
Feb 2, 2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Mac_User
My sis only has 96 Megs of RAM. I have 288, and my G4 has 2Gigs:D

hows it do for speed? i'd imagine that'd be slow.. and the low HD space issue is still a problem

MacAztec
Feb 2, 2002, 07:40 PM
On my computer, speed is no issue. It seems to run great. On my sisters, It is also running good. She is dumb and runs like 6 programs at once, so that really slows it down. If you bought a 256 chip, you would be rippin.

AmbitiousLemon
Feb 2, 2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Six
Im trying to make my desktop cooler looking, like spuncans, but i cant find a copy of kalideoscope... where can i get one?

dont use Kaleidoscope schemes, Kaleidoscope has a way of really screwing things up. it also has a lot of conflicts with other programs. apple goes out o its way to sue anyone releasing aqua-esk themes/schemes so they can be difficult to find. if you take a look at my screenshot a ways back you will see i get a perfect aqua look without any Kaleidoscope. themes are built in to mac os 9, so Kaleidoscope is entirely redundant.i dont even think anyone noticed i wasnt using osx.

heres me again: http://www.ambitiouslemon.com/rightnow.jpg

Six
Feb 2, 2002, 07:48 PM
i see... screwing up stuff sucks.. so i'd better not do that one... how did you make those themes? like the customized apple menu and the window bars, trash can and all that other stuff?

AmbitiousLemon
Feb 2, 2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Six
i see... screwing up stuff sucks.. so i'd better not do that one... how did you make those themes? like the customized apple menu and the window bars, trash can and all that other stuff?

hm. well i hate referring people to my webage since i havent made it ready for the public yet but ive got most of those questions answered here:

http://www.ambitiouslemon.com/design/screenshots.htm

just click on the "full explanation" link under each one to get some ideas. i really like customizing my desktop. my favorite new gui toys in os9 are taskmenubar and menuette (menuette is kinda buggy though so i would advice people to use with caution). title free and icontrol are stables of a good clean desktop. opcolourlite is interesting. and my favorite icons come from www.perfectyosemite.com. the theme file is called liquid1.8. in system folder/appearance/theme files you can place theme files that change the look of your windows. just use the appearance control panel after placing the file in there go to the appearance tab and the appearance pull downmenu. for all sorts of aqua themes and schemes (schemes are for kaleidoscope) check out Banned by Apple http://buryme34.tripod.com/banned.html# the one i am most fond of is Liquid1.8 (CLATheme)

748s
Feb 2, 2002, 08:39 PM
about your desk........when i saw the pillow i thought of the costanza custom desk. i need to to customise my desk at work to get a few hours of rest each day.

spuncan
Feb 2, 2002, 08:55 PM
AmbitiousLemon- nevers screws anything up unless you use iControl from icon factory. And for Six first download all the shcemes and stuff that I told u about. The goto Kaleidoscope.net for the app. And for the Lucida Grande font either harvest it from iTunes using resedit or download it from the banned by apple site.

AmbitiousLemon
Feb 2, 2002, 09:15 PM
AmbitiousLemon- nevers screws anything up unless you use iControl from icon factory. And for Six first download all the shcemes and stuff that I told u about. The goto Kaleidoscope.net for the app. And for the Lucida Grande font either harvest it from iTunes using resedit or download it from the banned by apple site.

kinda true. if you dont use certain apps then you may never encounter any problems with kaleidoscope. i have to admit im a little biased against kal. i was beta testing for it way back when and found most of the conflicts that are still in the app. it has problems with aol, aim, icontrol (i didnt know this), and a number of other apps i cant think of right now. kal still hasnt fixed the conflict and if i cant use instant messenger i dont care how pretty things are. besdies you can get a perfect looking aqua look without ever using kaleidescope. and personally i trust apple's execution of themes far more than some third party. takes up less overhead having the theme as part of the os than just skinned by some outside app. but a LOT of people use kaleidescope and we apple users know the majority is always right.

Sayer
Feb 2, 2002, 09:51 PM
This is mine. Unless app windows are open thats all there is. I really like the Finder's toolbar in OS X, Column View grows on you too. You still need two Finder windows open to be really effective, but otherwise way simpler in OS X than Mac OS 9 (tons of open windows all over the place).

spuncan
Feb 2, 2002, 10:27 PM
AmbitiousLemon- I've never had problems with AIM. AOL is evil and iContol only has problems if you switch icons while using kaliedeoscope. But if you do you screw over your computer and u have to boot from a disk to delete one of the apps.

JoeG4
Feb 2, 2002, 11:22 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/JoePC2001/.Pictures/desktop2202.jpg

That should be it :)

WARNING! I forgot to say, it's 1600x1024 (my cinema display made me do it that way), And a pretty big image... very classy and worth seeing tho :)

tomgreever
Feb 2, 2002, 11:55 PM
But I like plain and simple...

AmbitiousLemon
Feb 2, 2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by tomgreever
But I like plain and simple...

not so boring, just... simple. and there is beauty in simplicty.

networkman
Feb 3, 2002, 12:57 AM
that is so great that your g3 233 is running osx with no problems

how much ram do you have
how big is the hard drive

i am glad that your sister made os x work...good job

-jefhatfield

Six
Feb 3, 2002, 01:07 AM
huh? i dont have OS X on my iMac... wait a sec.. are you talkin to me or to him (or her, sorry) ?

MacAztec
Feb 3, 2002, 01:12 AM
hehe, I made it work. I think we have 160 RAM, and a 4GB hard drive.

Nikolajf
Feb 3, 2002, 01:18 AM
The incredible desktop image by Aerphax Design and is a huge original painting.

AmbitiousLemon
Feb 3, 2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Nikolajf
The incredible desktop image by Aerphax Design and is a huge original painting.

those are nice folders. where did you pick them up?

Nikolajf
Feb 3, 2002, 01:26 AM
www.iconfactory.com

mywar2000
Feb 3, 2002, 02:09 AM
plain and simple.

beatle888
Feb 3, 2002, 02:21 AM
s

beatle888
Feb 3, 2002, 02:39 AM
s

Megaquad
Feb 3, 2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by Abercrombieboy
Hey! You have M$ explorer mice,I have it too! ;)

eyelikeart
Feb 3, 2002, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Six
hehe, cruisin the open road on your ti-book, eyelike art?

yeah....I've loved those pics since the TiBook first came out.....on that video... :p

iapple
Feb 3, 2002, 05:14 AM
I havn't logged in lately after MWSF, but here's my pic. I run the Japanese OSX, so don't freak out.. By the way, most of my apps are in Japanese too..

By the way guys, nice desktop pics..

http://homepage.mac.com/chrisgib/PhotoAlbum1.html

irmongoose
Feb 3, 2002, 06:27 AM
Ive been looking at all these posts in this thread today.. but I never got around to posting my own... well here it is... and yes its in OS 9...

irmongoose
Feb 3, 2002, 06:31 AM
ok i realized i was covering my desktop so...

here is the new one...

not that anyone should be inetrested

irmongoose

moby1
Feb 3, 2002, 07:02 AM
Pretty girl on the beach...

AmbitiousLemon
Feb 3, 2002, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by moby1
Pretty girl on the beach...

is that the huntington beach pier?

eyelikeart
Feb 3, 2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by iapple
I havn't logged in lately after MWSF, but here's my pic. I run the Japanese OSX, so don't freak out.. By the way, most of my apps are in Japanese too..

By the way guys, nice desktop pics..

http://homepage.mac.com/chrisgib/PhotoAlbum1.html

how did u change the icon on your hd without having to create an alias?

ecino1
Feb 3, 2002, 11:50 AM
Hey, nice pics everyone. Check out mine.

ecino1
Feb 3, 2002, 11:58 AM
Here it is.
http://geocities.com/yem_34/screenshot.jpg

AlphaTech
Feb 3, 2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by GeeYouEye
:D

Where did you get the background image????

chmorley
Feb 3, 2002, 01:51 PM
Here's mine.

CJM

Biggles
Feb 3, 2002, 02:04 PM
How do some of you guys have your dock in the lower/upper right and not centered? Also, is there any way to make your HD's disappear from the desktop (I just want them in my dock)?

Scab Cake
Feb 3, 2002, 02:36 PM
I figure I might as well join in on the fun. I think this is neat.

What's interesting to me is to see how many people are running OS X and OS 9. It seems that OS 9 is still the OS of choice. I can't even use OS 9 anymore after using OS X. (Even though I have to use it at work every day...that's a different story).

Anyway, here are links to my pictures (warning: Desktop.jpg is at my native resolution of 1280x1024):

http://a55face.dhcp.asu.edu/~anthony/Desktop.jpg
http://a55face.dhcp.asu.edu/~anthony/Desk_top.jpg
http://a55face.dhcp.asu.edu/~anthony/Desk_top_2.jpg

Oh, and for Biggles...To get the dock out of the center of the screen, I use TinkerTool 2. You can get it here:

http://www.bresink.de/osx/TinkerTool2.html

There's all kinds of awesome stuff there. By the way, are you in any way affiliated to God's Monkey? If you are, you'll know what I'm talking about. If not, then just think I'm crazy for mentioning it. It's probably just a reference to the Spanish Inquisition anyway.

Biggles
Feb 3, 2002, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the advice, but I was just hoping I could do it without using any other software (i find that if i keep my computer simple, it is basically a rock. I can almost keep windows from crashing with the way i run my stuff). Anywho, i have no idea what God's Monkey is....sorry. My name is just a shortened version of Mr. Bigglesworth that i thought of a long time ago :). Oh yeah, and I figured out how to keep my HD's off the screen so there's no need to answer that one.

Edit: sorry, i forgot to even put up pics of my desktop

1. http://homepage.mac.com/dhouston/.Pictures/image002%202.jpg
2. http://homepage.mac.com/dhouston/.Pictures/image002%203.jpg
3. http://homepage.mac.com/dhouston/.Pictures/image002.jpg

(they're really the same thing but with different backgrounds)

chmorley
Feb 3, 2002, 03:07 PM
Did a Sherlock search. Interesting...

CJM

macfreek57
Feb 3, 2002, 05:04 PM
holy SH** ensign, how'd you do that with your apple menu???

also, use command-shift-4 to select an area of the screen to take a picture of
and there's something with the caps lock key to take a picture directly into the clipboard instead of on your harddrive, but i forgot exactly what it was and it may only work in classic os's. (one or three cool features that win has never really implemented - to my knowledge).

here's my desktop with iTunes window expanded so yo can see some of my songs (led zeppelin should probably be on the top). i have my own playlist because iTunes is one of the 3 applications that the rest of my family uses.

i can't believe that i spent the last 2 hours looking at pictures of desktops of other people!

macfreek57
Feb 3, 2002, 05:26 PM
what the crap is wrong with uploading a tiff?

macfreek57
Feb 3, 2002, 05:31 PM
crap!!!
forget it!

Biggles
Feb 3, 2002, 06:04 PM
I think i have three ways to fix you "tiff" problem. first off, if your using an iDisk, it obviously doesn't work with tiff's. So here's how to fix it:

1. throw the pic into Word. size it how you want it, then select "web page preview" in one of the menus. just pull the new pic to your desktop. it should then be a "jpg"

2. use graphic converter

3. im pretty positive that Preview will allow you to convert files (only on OSX)

jaykk
Feb 3, 2002, 06:09 PM
i dont see any attachment option.. any clue?

britboy
Feb 3, 2002, 06:14 PM
it's probably just me being sad again, but i find it quite amusing that so many people already have photoshop 7, when it's not even been released yet :p Probably half the screen shots of osx had it in the dock.

britboy
Feb 3, 2002, 06:15 PM

just below where you type in the message, there's a button called 'browse'. You can use that to choose which file to attach.

germanknee
Feb 3, 2002, 07:47 PM
hey six,

definitely use kaleidoscope. you can have semi-transperent dropdown menu's. It looks the closest to osx, i think. no window shadows or title bar transperency though.

listen to spuncan.

germanknee
Feb 3, 2002, 07:49 PM
mac15:
this was a cool idea. good luck with your computer shopping.

mac15
Feb 3, 2002, 08:34 PM
thanks
pretty cool idea eh

TEG
Feb 3, 2002, 11:38 PM
Heres my Desktop
I don't accually ahve a desk persay I use my bed.

MaxRool
Feb 4, 2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by trinitishwar
Yeah, um, this is my desktop.

lol

cleo
Feb 4, 2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by JoeG4
http://homepage.mac.com/JoePC2001/.Pictures/desktop2202.jpg

That should be it :)

WARNING! I forgot to say, it's 1600x1024 (my cinema display made me do it that way), And a pretty big image... very classy and worth seeing tho :)

Joe -

where'd ya get the Toad icon? it kicks a$$!

jaykk
Feb 4, 2002, 07:36 PM
I finally have attachment option on.. here it is

ponyboy
Feb 4, 2002, 08:14 PM
Me and my desktop

Biggles
Feb 4, 2002, 08:20 PM
jaykk: where'd u get the wallpaper!? it's incredible

jaykk
Feb 4, 2002, 09:16 PM
Thanks.. I found it at theapplecollection.com, its from website http://www.mobiusco.com/..wonderful collection

AmbitiousLemon
Feb 4, 2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by jaykk
Thanks.. I found it at theapplecollection.com, its from website http://www.mobiusco.com/..wonderful collection

wow. those are some amazing desktops. thanks for pointing us to that website.

woodrow
Feb 4, 2002, 10:02 PM
Man's best friend and man's best computer.

http://members.home.net/woodjwea/mygracie.jpg

Six
Feb 4, 2002, 10:43 PM
I couldnt get Kalideoscope's site to load for some reason... but i have a really really good set up now.. I downloaded an Aqua theme, the icon thingie, and A dock, its great! Thanks you guys for your help! Since I cant run OS X, this is atleast a little bit closer to it :) You guys are great! My only question left is, where can I find the icon of a wire OS X trash can? Right now I have a blue cartoony looking one.. its neat, but i want the OS X trash.. Any ideas?

Thanks again!
~Six~

tadpole
Feb 5, 2002, 12:47 AM
to the guy who posted his entire desktop, that was the funniest thing I've seen all day! been sick and feverish all weekend so the hearty chuckle was nice. thats about the extent of my desk too, exept i have dual monitors and a lot of term papers galore, two nalgene bottles in various states of fill, an assortment of hard alcohol next to my desk to lubricate the paper writing, lots of toilet paper to wipe my wet nose, coffee mugs with dessicated coffee on the button, stacks of CDR's, baseball caps and various reminders that life doesn't really suck. the man-desk is a sacred thing, fellas :-)

irmongoose
Feb 5, 2002, 01:51 AM
get it here:

http://buryme34.tripod.com/banned.html#

and... go to misc->OS X icons

Aight.

irmongoose

AmbitiousLemon
Feb 5, 2002, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by Six
I couldnt get Kalideoscope's site to load for some reason... but i have a really really good set up now.. I downloaded an Aqua theme, the icon thingie, and A dock, its great! Thanks you guys for your help! Since I cant run OS X, this is atleast a little bit closer to it :) You guys are great! My only question left is, where can I find the icon of a wire OS X trash can? Right now I have a blue cartoony looking one.. its neat, but i want the OS X trash.. Any ideas?

Thanks again!
~Six~

o you cant tease us like that. come on its time to expose your desktop to the voyeuristic masses.

JoeG4
Feb 7, 2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by cleo

Joe -

where'd ya get the Toad icon? it kicks a$$!

Toad icon? Hrm.. what's the toad? That little head that looks like a mushroom?

Is that toad? *shrug* I havent looked at that kind of character (mario era) in years, so I don't know the name, if it's something else.. tell me, I'm confused. lol

For the record I have 37 icons in my dock now.. very nice too :)

irmongoose
Feb 7, 2002, 02:30 AM
Yeah.. it sure is Toad from Mario... you can see it clearly is Toad either by looking at Mario 64 or the Smash Brothers for Gamecube.

Also... the official Japanese name is Kinopio.

irmongoose

imspace2
Feb 7, 2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by obeygiant

Dude, The bottle of track glue is classic.
But the best is the extra strength gold bond medicated powder in the teal bottle on the right. That stuff rocks. It gets rid of swamp crotch fast!!!

lol Hey I'm a hockey player

Rower_CPU
Feb 7, 2002, 02:26 PM
Here's mine. Enjoy...

mangis
Feb 17, 2002, 05:26 AM
my powerbook in os x.

Planets of the solar system in the dock

mangis
Feb 17, 2002, 05:31 AM
oops, lets try it as a jpg.

mangis