PDA

View Full Version : iBook Keys

X-Factor
Feb 28, 2006, 10:54 PM
Some of my iBook's keys are missing... if I go to the apple store can they replace them for free? or do i have to buy some?? Thanks in advance.

mad jew
Feb 28, 2006, 10:58 PM
I don't know how much they'll cost but they won't be free. Do you still have the keys? You can reattach them yourself if so. :cool:

jadekitty24
Mar 1, 2006, 06:35 AM
I don't believe you'll get the keys replaced for free. Check out eBay-I just bought a replacement keyboard for just under $20.

calebjohnston
Mar 1, 2006, 07:35 AM
http://www.powerbookmedic.com/Keyboards--Keys-p-1-c-440.html

I've never ordered from there, but looks like you can order the seperate keys on there. About 9 dollars each. (I'm assuming this is a g4, I didn't check for any earlier models)

Apple stores will try and convince you that you need a whole new keyboard.

X-Factor
Mar 1, 2006, 09:44 PM
No, unfortunely I don't know what I did with them... guess I'll have to buy them. Well thanks again, this helped a lot. :cool:

20rogersc
Mar 2, 2006, 11:40 AM
A friend of mine went to the genius bar and asked for a new Command Key, and got it for free! . . . I think that's what he did . . . :o

::20ROGERSC::

mpw
Mar 2, 2006, 11:45 AM
A friend of mine went to the genius bar and asked for a new Command Key, and got it for free! . . . I think that's what he did . . . :o

I went in to the local Authorised Apple Reseller and he didn't know which the command key was,( :eek: ) it wouldn't have been so bad if it was the Saturday kid but this was the manager/owner!

20rogersc
Mar 2, 2006, 11:50 AM
I went in to the local Authorised Apple Reseller and he didn't know which the command key was,( :eek: ) it wouldn't have been so bad if it was the Saturday kid but this was the manager/owner!Haha, I'm sure the staff at Regent Street knew a bit more than that!
And well yeh . . . I'm sure he got it free, but it was only one . . .