PDA

View Full Version : Why does my iPod lie?

howesey
Mar 1, 2006, 05:43 AM
I have decided that iCal and iPods do not work together too well. Why do dates of appointments differ on my iPod to what they do in iCal? I missed an appointment today because my iPod said 1pm, whereas it was supposed to be 12pm as it is in iCal. This is not the first time this has happened, it has done this a few times before, and so I did a format to see if that would fix the problem, obviously it didn't.

Anyone else get these problems?

Dalriada
Mar 1, 2006, 08:16 AM
Sorry doesn't help you but love the title of your thread..... :D

SilentPanda
Mar 1, 2006, 08:24 AM
Might be a time zone issue. That's all I got.

Well... or your watch is wrong.

Applespider
Mar 1, 2006, 08:33 AM
Check whether daylight savings is on automatically. If it isn't, then sometimes you'll find your iPod is on DST when it shouldn't be - which would explain it being an hour ahead

howesey
Mar 1, 2006, 04:53 PM
Sorry, to clarify, some go hours out. I have one appointment that is for 4am, when it is for 6pm. I find it odd, just thought I'd share. Time is correct on the clock.

Also noticed on the latest update for my iPod (G4) that all the images for songs are always wrong.

mad jew
Mar 1, 2006, 08:37 PM
The clock and the time zone on iPods are seemingly unrelated so go back and check it's the correct time zone.

However, considering you're having picture issues too, maybe try a firmware restore. :)