Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

CNet provides thee only video clips from yesteday's media event by Apple.

In it, Apple introduced the Intel Mac Mini as well as the iPod Hi-Fi, which were both expected

Curiously, Apple is not offering the presentation for streaming/download on their site. Typically Apple has posted their Quicktime videos of their presentation following a media event.

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Probably because it was a worthless event

Probably because it was a worthless event

hcorf

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2004
ermmmmm. check out the insidemacTV podcast, they have a 22 minute video of the event, its a cut down version of the hour long presentation

Cant find a link on the web for it, i think you can only watch it by subscribing to the podcast.

dogcowx

macrumors member
May 19, 2004
I'm not surprised it's not posted.

The whole event seemed off.

Steve was certainly not himself. He was constantly stumbling over his words, his rhythm was off. The whole thing felt very thrown together and ackward.

AtariMac

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2004
Southeastern, PA
Macrumors said:
Curiously, Apple is not offering the presentation for streaming/download on their site. Typically Apple has posted their Quicktime videos of their presentation following a media event.

No curiosity needed, the event wasn't worthy of having

cxny

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
New York
My eleven year old was asking to see the "event" so I guess I'll just have to hobble together what I can. It was fun watching the last MWSF on his 17" iMac w/Frontrow. I'm still considering the iPod Hi-Fi for his bedroom 'cause he has an aiport express, just no iPod!

supergod

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
Toronto
I watched those clips. Nothing to see. The presentation is really subpar: that's probably why they aren't posting clips from it.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
This is great - I was bored at work reading it yesterday. Now I get to be bored and watch it. Yee haw!

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Apple invited people to a smaller-than-usual event, and promised very little: "fun."

That's subjective--nothing is "fun" to everyone.

Now, OUTSIDE parties blew the hype out of control. iBooks! Movie store! Tablet Macs! Video iPod! There's the source of the "disappointment."

The iPod Hi-Fi looks like a good value and good at what it does. If you don't NEED what it does, then no harm done. Apple CAN survive having some products that don't change the world, but merely do a job well.

The Mac Mini looks GREAT though--many upgrades over the old model--and complaints that a low-end machine must be for 3D gamers don't make sense to me. I choose to wait for REAL reports of the GMA950 performance before I whine. Apple claims the new Mini CAN play 3D games and supports hardware-accelerated Core Graphics. Which games? How fast? We'll know soon--but high-end 3D is not the goal of a low-end Mac.

I think a lot of complaints stem from Apple not having a MID-range headless, below the PowerMac. So people try to make the Mac Mini into something it's not. I hope Apple adds a mid-range headless sometime, with a higher GPU.

But what the Mini IS is a very fast and capable consumer system for iLife, Internet, general productivity, and lightweight gaming.

kirk26

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2003
West Virginia
So does anyone in the audience actually laugh when Steve announces the price of the iPod ca$e? I'll download it just for that.:p

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I'm surprised that Apple hasn't posted the video. It's free advertising, Steve.

When sites post all of the Superbowl ads, the companies behind them benefit because people all over the web are viewing their ads. That's good for business.

Whether or not the Apple announcements were thrilling compared with past announcements, why wouldn't the marketing department want as many people as possible to see them?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Wow, I liked Phil's powerbook...errrrr MacBook Pro. Even Steve likes the Powerbook name better. :p

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
that was quite an acting piece on jobs' part.. when he pretended they forgot to load the songs.

bdkennedy1

Suspended
Oct 24, 2002
Steve didn't seem too well during his keynote. His voice was raspy and he was scatterbrained. Aside from that this totally should not have been an invitation only event, or an event at all.

virus1

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2004
LOST
bdkennedy1 said:
Steve didn't seem too well during his keynote. His voice was raspy and he was scatterbrained. Aside from that this totally should not have been an invitation only event, or an event at all.
it didn't seem as well practiced as usuall, either. better this than no event at all IMO.. we are used to these big events, but this seems to be what they are doing instead.

look at it this way, and yesterdays event really isn't dissapointing, we just expected it to be like thier usual ones.

odedia

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
I have to say, Steve really did not look his best. And he sounded bad too, like he's coming down with something. I hope he's feeling well.

Seasought

macrumors 65816
Nov 3, 2005
ITASOR said:
Wow, I liked Phil's powerbook...errrrr MacBook Pro. Even Steve likes the Powerbook name better. :p

I thought that was funny. He was coughing again...must be quite the cold he has there. :(

He needs to ditch the vegan diet and get back into the heavy protein hitters. :D

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
I don't think Steve liked what he had available to announce. That is why he pulled the plug on Apple posted it. I know understand what he was talking about when hooking up the Mini to a Cell Phone blurb. Someone's phone rang during his presentation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.