Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaKashMoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2005
Does anyone run Final Cut Pro on their ibook 1.33? How does it run? is it usable? I would love to know what kind of performance I can expect with it.

Danksi

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2005
Nelson, BC. Canada
TaKashMoney said:
Does anyone run Final Cut Pro on their ibook 1.33? How does it run? is it usable? I would love to know what kind of performance I can expect with it.

I'm running FCP5 on my iBook from time to time, since I'm gradually working my way through the lessons in Diana Weynard's FCP5 Apple pro training book and it's nice to have at-hand for ad-hoc lessons here and there.

I use my iMac for all of my regular editing, so I've not needed to try any logging & capturing or do any special cuts/effects on my iBook, whereby the slower hard drive may cause dropped frames etc.

If you're investing in Final Cut Studio (as Pro's not available seperately anymore) then I'd seriously consider moving up to a refurb 15inch PBook or maybe a MacBookPro, so you have the optional PC-card slot for an extra FW400/800/SATA channel - allowing you it to grow into a capable mobile editing machine (though not really meant as a desktop replacement system).

Otherwise the iBook & Final Cut Express may be a more suitable combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.