Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkelly888

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
pluto
heres the deal. i have 10 free song credits from shopfar.com. but those credits are only for use in the UK and my USA account won't log into the UK store. my question is, when i'm signing up for a UK account using the selection where it says no payment (cuz i don't have a credit card or anything like that) it asks me for an address. since i won't be doing anything that will require an address, is it legal, whether UK laws or US laws, for me to put in a fake address?

furryrabidbunny

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2005
Mesa, AZ
jkelly888 said:
heres the deal. i have 10 free song credits from shopfar.com. but those credits are only for use in the UK and my USA account won't log into the UK store. my question is, when i'm signing up for a UK account using the selection where it says no payment (cuz i don't have a credit card or anything like that) it asks me for an address. since i won't be doing anything that will require an address, is it legal, whether UK laws or US laws, for me to put in a fake address?
I attempted to do the same, but took it a step further and put in a fake address. Got a 5008 error when purchasing. Itunes knows your ip aparently and if you are really purchasing in the U.K.

jkelly888

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
pluto
furryrabidbunny said:
I attempted to do the same, but took it a step further and put in a fake address. Got a 5008 error when purchasing. Itunes knows your ip aparently and if you are really purchasing in the U.K.
dang. well i have 10 song credit codes for any UK person who wants them. they expire on march 13 though. PM me if anyone wants them

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.