Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickarmadillo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO
:mad: Well, it has happened again. The last two macs ive bought(imac/333 and my current pmac/733) have had trouble with their mouse. It is plugged in and the drivers are all up to date and I'm running 10.2.3, but that didn't fix it. The little red LED on my mouse goes dim or completely off very often. I cant move the mouse across the screen without it happenning atleast 4 times. When this happens, my pointer is stuck for a moment(sometimes more). Sometimes my entire keyboard and mouse go completely out and i have to switch the plug to another usb slot to get it to work again. I love Macs, but this has totallty ruined my mac experience. Whoa is me. What should I do?:confused: (PS i have the black pro mouse, not the white)

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Unfortunately, this is a common problem. The pro mouse is a thing of beauty, but the cable breaks internally right where it goes into the housing. If you're under warranty, Apple will send you a new mouse - and it will fail too.

Any USB mouse will work fine on a Mac, including Microsoft's. My favorite is the Logitech Marble Mouse Trackball. The right mouse button does things, too!

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
If you are under warranty, I would call Apple, because they will probably send you a new mouse.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
apple really needs to fix that problem.

Ask apple to send you a new one.

If you're fed up with the mouse, then get one from macally, kensington or microsoft (the first and last time i tell anyone to get a M$ product).

JSRockit

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2002
NYC
Originally posted by übergeek
apple really needs to fix that problem.

Ask apple to send you a new one.

If you're fed up with the mouse, then get one from macally, kensington or microsoft (the first and last time i tell anyone to get a M$ product).

I hope apple never fixes the problem on the current pro mouse...they need to make a entirely new mouse with a scroll wheel etc.

nickarmadillo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO
hmm

im a little worried about my keyboard going out though. I have it plugged into the back of my apple studio monitor(15") and a few people told me that it might be the usb hub on the monitor and not the mouse at all. What do you guys think?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.