PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of iPod Socks?

brownbird
Mar 1, 2006, 11:27 PM
I'm contemplating a new case and frankly all of the rubbery, skin cases just look so gross to me. The case that came with my 5th Gen iPod tends to scratch the screen while the iPod is being taken out and put in. My question is if these iPod Socks tend to scratch the iPod and if they are big enough for a 5th gen 60Gb Ipod. Thanks.

Dr. Dastardly
Mar 2, 2006, 12:12 AM
Lint scratches the 5G iPod. With that said get an invisible sheild and if you feel you want something a bit more get a sock. I like the socks and if you find a few friends and split them up you end up with a $3 protective sleeve.

But you could just make your own with a pair of socks and thread. ;)

Cloudgazer
Mar 2, 2006, 01:29 AM
I think the socks are great.

I've got an iskin, but far prefer the sock.
Its too soft to scratch the ipod.

Also, it allows you to slip it into your pocket easily.
The best part is, when you take it out the sock, you're actually holding your ipod and not a plastic covering.
and lets not kid, nothing feels like a naked ipod in your hands.

lizard79
Mar 2, 2006, 01:58 AM
I think the socks are even more overpriced than the new leather ipod case..

and to add a little speculation:
as the leather thingi ships in 4 weeks on apples birthday I think the whole thing is a joke and the freaks having bought one will get it for free. :D

1rottenapple
Mar 2, 2006, 02:36 AM
My God I can't believe lint scratches the ipod. Jeebus apple get you ish together man! :confused:

russed
Mar 2, 2006, 04:50 AM
the socks are good. my girlfriend has a pack of them and i use them from time to time and they are pretty good in my opinion, and quite fun at the same time!

EGT
Mar 2, 2006, 08:36 AM
They stink.

:p

jsw
Mar 2, 2006, 08:39 AM
The socks are nice but overpriced - as mentioned, a pair of kids socks cost much less and work just as well. That said, the iSocks are well made. A friend bought a set. I personally don't own them.
...lets not kid, nothing feels like a naked ipod in your hands.I'm glad you used "like" as opposed to "as good as"....

calebjohnston
Mar 2, 2006, 08:48 AM
I'd really recommend one of those invisible shield things, they're just incredible. I had a case for my ipod but it was thick and blue and ugly but... get an invisible shield thing, and you'll hardly know it's there - and yet, you'll still have all the protection :)

zap2
Mar 2, 2006, 08:55 AM
love em, bougth6 for 30 bucks, now i'm now to 2(given some away) might get a new set only becuz i like have one for each iPod

lurcher
Mar 2, 2006, 09:12 AM
socks = pants

I dig the RadTech sleeves :)

MattyMac
Mar 2, 2006, 10:28 AM
I have two ipod socks left, a green and a blue if anyone wants to buy one from me.
Just let me know.

calculus
Mar 2, 2006, 11:57 AM
They're too small for my feet.

Maxwell Smart
Mar 2, 2006, 01:02 PM
I don't use them, but I do use an invisible case (or at least did before my ipod was stolen :( ) and it worked great.

m-dogg
Mar 2, 2006, 09:54 PM
I use the bavaria pouch from Burning Love. It isn't an iPod Sock, but it's definitely similar. I like it becasue it isn't bulky and allows my iPod to easily slip into my pocket.

Here's their site:

http://www.burninglove.biz/index.php

I regularly put my iPod into a dock, so I like a sleeve that allows easy on/off access. Most of the cases I see out there really aren't dock-friendly.

katie ta achoo
Mar 2, 2006, 09:57 PM
It only takes about an hour to crochet your own iPod sock.

Do it yourself, and save some dough, or commission someone to do it for you, and save some dough.

*coughs and raises hand*
;)

The iPod socks are hideously overpriced. Ew.

noel4r
Mar 2, 2006, 10:38 PM
I think the iPod socks sucks!!!! :D

muffinman
Mar 2, 2006, 11:21 PM
for the people who say apple socks suck, they obviously have never had an ipod sock. I would highly recommend them. It is not bulky, and very form-fitting. It covers it, and when you stick the ipod into your pocket, the ipod will not get scratched from your keys, cellphone...etc. I use mine on my ipod mini all the time, and my mini is perfect. The sock lets you press the buttons, and so, you can skip tracks.

It's light, and a great icebreaker. I love it. Only problem is that its a wee bit overpriced. But I think it's way worth it.

Cloudgazer
Mar 3, 2006, 02:45 AM
I certianly wouldn't have purchased a whole pack of socks.
But luckily the store i got my ipod sock from thought the same thing, and were selling the sock individually.

where can I see this invisible shield everyone keeps talking about?

macOSX-tastic
Mar 3, 2006, 07:38 AM
a few gripes:

they can scratch the iPod,
the offer no accessibility to controls
they are grossly overpriced

go with a hardcase, they offer the best for your iPod, IMO.

S

jordanste
Mar 4, 2006, 11:36 AM
Get an Agent 18 Hardcase. perfect fit. They are in the applestore.

CubaTBird
Mar 4, 2006, 02:44 PM
i think iPod socks are silly.

...that is all

Marky_Mark
Mar 5, 2006, 05:38 AM
I hate to say it, but iPod socks just serve to demonstrate that people will buy any old piece of tat if it has an Apple logo on it. They were probably thought up as a graduate programme marketing exercise and now they're laughing their hooters off at our collective gullibility.