PDA

View Full Version : Questionable iBook eBay Auction

leftbanke7
Mar 2, 2006, 03:43 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Apple-12-White-iBook-Airport-card-installed-DVD_W0QQitemZ5874853455QQcategoryZ80050QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seems a little iffy to me. That low of an opening bid on a functional iBook but not sending along the power cord or any CDs. My first impression was that it is hot. What do you guys think? I'm half thinking about bidding just so I can get the airport card for the iBook I just ordered.

calebjohnston
Mar 2, 2006, 03:45 PM
That is a little low, but the specs on it are really low too. A big factor there is that it's OS 9, and a 10 gig harddrive, etc.

I wouldn't say it was stolen or anything, but it might have an unmentioned defect.

eva01
Mar 2, 2006, 04:01 PM
i wouldn't probably bid just because the airport card alone is worth a lot more than what the bids are for

also in the description it says Unit similar to one in picture

SmurfBoxMasta
Mar 2, 2006, 05:13 PM
I just had to bid up to $100 to become the high bidder.....

Seems ok for now, will watch it closely, but perhaps the seller has one of his friends bidding on it to get the final price up to where he wants it :confused:

tdiaz
Mar 2, 2006, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=SmurfBoxMasta]I just had to bid up to $100 to become the high bidder.....
QUOTE]

You must not forget the bidsnipefest at the end of anything eBay....

A low starting bid should not be an indicator of anything other than why give eBay extra dough. Lower opening, lower listing fee. If the item is in demand, it won't go for less than any other similar item anyway, which can always be researched by looking at closed listings bidding histories.

It's a 500MHz iBook, with the price of new ones - I wouldn't expect this to be opened at a much higher price. No power cord, does this mean no brick, or just the AC line cord? No brick, take off $50-80 for the cost of a third party one, or atleast $20 to get the "Generation Gap" and use an older Powerbook G3/Duo/1400 type.

Sounds to me like someone just being realistic and not asking the stars for it. Like I said, if it's worth - the ending price will reflect it.