PDA

View Full Version : What do you think apple's going to do next?

carve
Mar 2, 2006, 08:23 PM
I think that they'll (possibly) release an ipod that can surf the web and act like a regular mac...and also have a touch wheel.:D

2nyRiggz
Mar 2, 2006, 08:31 PM
I think they will make more computers....that might work.

Bless

carve
Mar 2, 2006, 08:34 PM
that would b koolio but i just got an ibook g4...it rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
support little companies in electronics:)

yankeefan24
Mar 2, 2006, 08:34 PM
after they are finished with the intel switch, i think they might sell Mac OS X for regular PCs. just a thought… and if it comes with a dual boot system, so you can boot both mac and windows, windows will go to extinction:D :D :D

carve
Mar 2, 2006, 08:36 PM
I have to say that would be sweet!

notinbutmatt
Mar 2, 2006, 09:04 PM
THE IPOD CAMERA! The ipod that takes pictures and has video as well!

Glenn Wolsey
Mar 2, 2006, 09:14 PM
after they are finished with the intel switch, i think they might sell Mac OS X for regular PCs. just a thought… and if it comes with a dual boot system, so you can boot both mac and windows, windows will go to extinction:D :D :D

Trust me, Apple wouldn't do that for a very long time...That would be handing the computer market back away from Apple effectively.

Because then anyone could run it on any computer and Apple's sales on Mac's would drop because someone could go out and buy a higher speced Dell Box for half the price...It wouldn't be in Apple's favor.

TheMasin9
Mar 2, 2006, 10:38 PM
aint gonna happen, the beauty of apple computers is taht they keep the hardware and software married. When they get divorced you look like windoze and all the crappy hardware it runs on...

Cybix
Mar 2, 2006, 10:47 PM
I like the idea's in here!

the iPod camera device sounds cool, and how about their own mobile phone range? ooooh.

You really gotta wonder what they are upto with that new Tier IV datacentre that they just bought, I'm definately scratching my head. It's obviously to provide some level of comms or streaming data, or...

I think maybe HD iTMS content, or at least, movies... subscription service or pay per click? who knows..... more new iPod's for sure...

I think Apple might also concentrate on accessories for their products. esp in the iPod area. Esp after the recent hi-fi, cases, etc releases.... It's obvious there's the market for it and they could be deeper involved.

most of all what I've typed is speculation based on what I've already read here and there... :)

All in all, I guess Apple could end up concentrating on regular consumer electronics, much like SONY for example... more hi-fi systems based around iPod and iTMS? how about an iPod clock (alarm clock)? DVR's? maybe internet phone's (VOIP seems to be coming very popular these days).... AND... what about a dedicated gaming console? just to throw a spanner in the works. hahaha surely not an easy market to dive into.

with such impressive domination of the portable music market, there has to be expansion into other areas!

I know we're going to see some DAMN cool products come out in the next 12 months, and not just from Apple....

velocityg4
Mar 2, 2006, 11:40 PM
I'm hoping Apple will purchase Cray Super Computers. Then go after the BlueGene/L's place as number one in the Top 500 super computers list. Hopefully go for 350 Tflop/s:D . Then house it all in a three story tall aluminum enclosure:cool: .

For video integrated graphics.

sam10685
Mar 3, 2006, 02:10 PM
I think that they'll (possibly) release an ipod that can surf the web and act like a regular mac...and also have a touch wheel.:D

(just don't get ur hopes up.) ;)

carve
Mar 6, 2006, 09:07 PM
i think that would be REALLY kool if they came out with a fingernail sized ipod. a levitating ipod would be nicer...or a chocolate ipod.....?:rolleyes:

dornoforpyros
Mar 6, 2006, 09:09 PM
Steve is going to come to everyone's house and bring them iPonies, mine shall be named cinnamon.

Kingsly
Mar 6, 2006, 09:20 PM
I don't even think its possible to speculate on what Apple will introduce. Its the nature of the company, and why thousands of users spend millions of hours staring at this website instead of getting work done or spending time with family (mine at the moment is eating dinner). :mad: :mad:
dornoforpyros, can I borrow your avatar for the next few days?
Also, I think I will name my iPony Jørg.

After G
Mar 6, 2006, 09:26 PM
I think Apple will give a true purpose to portable computing.

What I do with my laptop right now is exactly the same stuff that I'd do with a desktop, except that I can bring it with me. Apple will find the killer app for portable computing like they did with music and the iPod. It sure would explain all the futzing around with tablet stuff and such.

miloblithe
Mar 6, 2006, 09:30 PM
Apple seems pretty steady and has a solid set of products for the timebeing. Video seems like the obvious route for expansion, but it also seems unlikely that Apple could have the success that it did with audio again with video. Too many content owners. Too much money.

dornoforpyros
Mar 6, 2006, 11:20 PM
I don't even think its possible to speculate on what Apple will introduce. Its the nature of the company, and why thousands of users spend millions of hours staring at this website instead of getting work done or spending time with family (mine at the moment is eating dinner). :mad: :mad:
dornoforpyros, can I borrow your avatar for the next few days?
Also, I think I will name my iPony Jørg.

Sure! Let's spread the bitterness!

lord patton
Mar 6, 2006, 11:44 PM
Safe bets…

new iPods. Full screen video (but not till pre-Christmas buying season)
MacBooks with iSight, FrontRow, MagSafe, and Remote.
More iPod accessories (it's a big market, and they want some mo' profit!)

Long shots…

sub 12" computer. Would this be a tablet? Would this be an iPod with PDA bloatware?
any implementation of these advanced touch screen demo patent thingys

Sure thing…

Something Jobs and Ives thinks we want but don't know it yet

Kingsly
Mar 6, 2006, 11:52 PM
Sure! Let's spread the bitterness!
Great! Only 239 post left to go. Yet even more reasons for me to spend an unholy amount of time visiting MR. Until then, I think we should get Cinnamon and Jørg together to hang out. They are probably lonely.

Marky_Mark
Mar 7, 2006, 04:42 PM
Steve is going to come to everyone's house and bring them iPonies, mine shall be named cinnamon.

And if he's busy, he'll send a guy in a limo and a tux to install your pony for you. Preloaded with iStraw and iHay. Call it a birthday present. Let me guess... you're 30, right? :D

TheDulcimer
Mar 7, 2006, 05:15 PM
I haven't seen anyone else say this yet, so here goes:

The Brand New Intel Core Duo iPod !