PDA

View Full Version : Computer cases for Power Macs

rexy1326
Mar 2, 2006, 10:46 PM
Hello,

A few weeks ago a friend of mine bought an amazing new case for his 2 year old Dell computer. It was made out of aluminum and much more stylish than the regular grey Dell case. Anyway, I immediately wanted a case change as well. I have a Mac G4 Dual 1.25 Ghz MDD. I haven't had any luck finding cases. Does anyone know where I could start? Are there places that can custom make one?

Any help would be much appreciated!

EvilDoc
Mar 2, 2006, 11:14 PM
Hello,

A few weeks ago a friend of mine bought an amazing new case for his 2 year old Dell computer. It was made out of aluminum and much more stylish than the regular grey Dell case. Anyway, I immediately wanted a case change as well. I have a Mac G4 Dual 1.25 Ghz MDD. I haven't had any luck finding cases. Does anyone know where I could start? Are there places that can custom make one?

Any help would be much appreciated!

i dont think you will find a case that the logic board/motherboard of the g4 will fit into with out heavy modding.. it can be done, but is it worth the hassle and trouble?

velocityg4
Mar 2, 2006, 11:25 PM
Here is a link to the procedure for transferring an MDD G4 into an ATX case. http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/MDD_to_ATX_case_conversion/MDD_to_ATX_case_conversion.html
I know this case looks awesome:p but you can use this guide with most any ATX case.

plinkoman
Mar 2, 2006, 11:38 PM
oh man, you don't like the MDD case? i love that design, hell, i'd put my pc into one if it were possible :cool:

disconap
Mar 3, 2006, 10:43 PM
You can transfer into anything, really. But I suggest adding a few fans, as the G4 Mac cases were designed with airflow in mind, so two fans can be as powerful as four or five in another casing...

At the very least, buy a bigger processor heat sink and throw a fan on it.