Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
Had to break down and buy a new Powermac G5 2.5GHZ.
This is my first mac with a superdrive and I need to extract the audio from a DVD. It's a home movie in Video_TS format on a DVD-R.
I have all the latest Tiger updates and iLife 06.
Thanks for any help.

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
Thanks for the response.

I just went ahead and recorded the audio in real time, but I'll check those out for future projects.

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
beatzfreak said:
Thanks for the response.

I just went ahead and recorded the audio in real time, but I'll check those out for future projects.
You're welcome. MPEG Streamclip is my favorite free software of all.

supermacdesign

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2006
Mpeg 2

The MPEG2 you speak of is this something that comes with Quicktime Pro?

I would also like to strip the audio off of a DVD. I have a U2 concert DVD I purchased at the store and the love the live presentation so much I would like to get it on my iPod. How can I do this?

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
supermacdesign said:
The MPEG2 you speak of is this something that comes with Quicktime Pro?

I would also like to strip the audio off of a DVD. I have a U2 concert DVD I purchased at the store and the love the live presentation so much I would like to get it on my iPod. How can I do this?
The MPEG-2 Playback Component is a separate product.
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/mpeg2/

You can transcode the audio off that DVD by ripping it with MacTheRipper and then opening the resulting files with MPEG Streamclip. MPEG Streamclip will give you the option of treating all the VOBs as one continuous flie. From there, export the audio in whatever format you prefer.

Eastend

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2004
Nara, Japan
beatzfreak said:
Had to break down and buy a new Powermac G5 2.5GHZ.
This is my first mac with a superdrive and I need to extract the audio from a DVD. It's a home movie in Video_TS format on a DVD-R.
I have all the latest Tiger updates and iLife 06.
Thanks for any help.

You can also use Audio HiJack and record from almost anything including the DVD Player. Save it in Aiff or anything that HiJack can save it in.

Brian

labarker

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2008
MPEG Streamclip

Thanks for recommending this, Rod Rod. It looks exactly what I've been searching for. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.