PDA

View Full Version : I just got my iPod Mini!

motc777
Mar 3, 2006, 10:00 PM
I had lamented iPods as just a fad for about a year now. I had and still do an iRiver 890T. About a week ago, I decided to get an iPod Mini 4GB 2nd Gen. Well, I got mine from the Apple Store as they had some refurbished.

I picked it up for the first time today and man, I don't know how I've listened to music without this thing up till now! This is the coolest thing I've ever used! I love that clickwheel. All hail the clickwheel! But the best part of all of this was that when I connected my iPod to iTunes, I was going through some songs and I found out you can set the equalizer setting for each song inside iTunes. That is the coolest feature, and something I couldn't do with Media Player. And the sound is crisp and clear. Fecking amazing!

So, I have eaten crow and I admit that nothing, but nothing compares even closely to an iPod.

rccola70
Mar 3, 2006, 10:51 PM
Sorry but you kinda missed the bus...;)

motc777
Mar 3, 2006, 10:52 PM
Sorry but you kinda missed the bus...;)

To a degree yes, but I considered the Nano, but I've heard some bad things about the display getting messed up. Plus, I was on a budget...

I had used iTunes once before, pre-iPod...

JRM PowerPod
Mar 4, 2006, 03:18 AM
To a degree yes, but I considered the Nano, but I've heard some bad things about the display getting messed up. Plus, I was on a budget...

I had used iTunes once before, pre-iPod...

I agree the nano is just a passing fad... The mini will return

Scarlet Fever
Mar 4, 2006, 06:11 AM
i dont actually like the nano that much. There is a point where small is too small. I think the Minis are the best series of iPod to come out of Apple to date

Deepdale
Mar 4, 2006, 06:37 AM
I think the Minis are the best series of iPod to come out of Apple to date

That is a statement I wholeheartedly agree with. My mistake was not buying when they were in production. On the way to work Thursday morning, a woman sat next to me with a blue Mini in her hands ... I admit I was envious of her and annoyed at my own failure to act. I pray that the Mini roars back to take over center stage. How promptly would I buy? Well, I would gladly be at Apple Soho at 6 a.m. waiting for it to open.

mannix87
Mar 4, 2006, 10:11 AM
i bought the 1st gen iPod mini in 2004 and one thing I didnt like about it was the short battery life w/c the 2nd gen fixed (i think), i gave this one to my sister since it could only hold around a thousand songs. but overall and design-wise, I think it's a better deal than the Nano, w/c remains too small for my hands.

Marky_Mark
Mar 4, 2006, 02:03 PM
I now have a 5G because my collection outgrew the 4GB Mini I had, but I lament the passing of the design - I would have been a willing customer for a 20GB Mini - best looking, best form-factor, most robust design Apple have done. None other holds a torch.