Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
Hi all. I didn't know where to post this. This is kind of hard to explain. I am looking for a desktop picture i can use that is basically the guts of the 20" iMac G5 iSight. That way when i use the background the guts in the picture are in the same spot as they are physically (cdrom drive, hard drive, etc.) It is sort of similar to the picture of the iMac in the april 2006 issue of macworld.

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
I get it.. so it looks like you're looking through into the computer. That's a really nice idea.. good luck finding that. I wish I had it.. but that's such a great idea.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Hmmm.. that will be an extremely hard picture to get! Those iMac G5s with iSights are a toughy to open. I don't think many have opened them other than adding RAM.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Neat idea. If you do find one, could you share it?

Good luck.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I dunno about the "20" iSight" model, but I've seen numerous iMac Guts desktops floating around...I'll let you know if I see one of them again.

Applespider

macrumors G4
There's a link on the Disktop site that Kernow mentioned to some wallpaper that shows the insides of an iMac through the standard Mac wallpaper

It's here! They also say on that page, that if you contact them, they'll mail you the layered file that they used so that you can alter it to show one of your regular wallpapers (or presumably just use the insides)

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Kernow said:
Not quite what you're looking for, but Disctop shows a similar thought process - it is a little app that shows what could happen when you insert a CD or DVD into an iMac.

Or if you scroll down. The guts mixed with an aqua desktop.

Link

Edit:: beaten to it. I really should reload pages that have been open for more then an hour before I post.. :rolleyes:

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
i got one from the previously mentioned website. Thanks guys! Only thing is the color and the quality is a little fuzzy. so this is perfect if we can find a higher quality version somewhere.

Attachments

• disctop_desktop_imac_isight_201.jpg
    disctop_desktop_imac_isight_201.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 160

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
macrlz9 said:
i got one from the previously mentioned website. Thanks guys! Only thing is the color and the quality is a little fuzzy. so this is perfect if we can find a higher quality version somewhere.

i just realized this but they say that's an iMac 20" isight.. but it's clearly not. the ports are vertical and the cd rom drive looksl ike it was moved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.