PDA

View Full Version : Bucs Win Superbowl!!!

Shrek
Jan 27, 2003, 11:28 AM
Get all the latest coverage at Superbowl.com (http://www.superbowl.com/)!

macktheknife
Jan 27, 2003, 11:50 AM
I was rooting for the Raiders, but I would not have been too upset if it was a better game. I mean, the Raiders didn't even really put up a fight--the game wasn't even close.

Well, win or lose, we always have some jerks who can't help themselves to some partying:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2003/01/27/national0806EST0512.DTL

pgwalsh
Jan 27, 2003, 03:00 PM
I thought it was a good game. I'm a 49ers fan so I was all about the Bucs. The game wasn't close and I was really surprised. What's the deal with the Raiders center?

On another note, I was glad to see ex 49er Jerry Rice get a touchdown. Hopefully he'll retire now.

MacAztec
Jan 27, 2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by pgwalsh
I thought it was a good game. I'm a 49ers fan so I was all about the Bucs. The game wasn't close and I was really surprised. What's the deal with the Raiders center?

On another note, I was glad to see ex 49er Jerry Rice get a touchdown. Hopefully he'll retire now.

Im a 49er fan too. Why do you want Rice to retire? He is still playing great.

pgwalsh
Jan 27, 2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by MacAztec

Im a 49er fan too. Why do you want Rice to retire? He is still playing great. For two reasons. First, I don't want to see him get seriously hurt. I think some of the younger guys would like to really nail him. Second, I don't want the media to start saying he's out of gas etc etc etc. He should go out while on top and I don't think the Raiders are going back to the Super Bowl next year. They're 50 MM over the salary cap and they need to cut a lot of players to get under.

yzedf
Jan 31, 2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by pgwalsh
For two reasons. First, I don't want to see him get seriously hurt. I think some of the younger guys would like to really nail him. Second, I don't want the media to start saying he's out of gas etc etc etc. He should go out while on top and I don't think the Raiders are going back to the Super Bowl next year. They're 50 MM over the salary cap and they need to cut a lot of players to get under.

A lot of good/expensive players.

Plus they need to bring in a young gun type QB to replace Gannon in the near future.

What is the deal with Gannon and Kurt Warner??? 2 guys who never amounted to sqaut... and now they are good? Is the QB talent in the league that bad now... or is the CB/SS/FS talent that sucks...?

GO BRONCOS!!!