Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I would say that is the most convincing one yet due to the lighting in the photos. However, it also looks exactly like all the other fakes and so we know it is not to hard to photoshop a picture to look like that.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Cool, I like it. Definitely the best yet... has a "real" screen on it (not a test screen or turned off) and is show from a few angles.

Anyways, I'd buy one IF it was more than a media player (ie, has PDA type functions and wireless etc). I still say it'd be a waste of a big touchscreen and all that storage space and computational power to NOT have some other features in there.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
I agree, if it just has the same features as the 5G iPod then what's the point of it. It looks pretty real to me though. Look at the bottom picture. You can see the "lines" on the LCD all the way down to the bottom part of the large screen. If this was fake, wouldn't that be EXTREMELY difficult to do in Photoshop?

jkelly888

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2005
pluto
the last picture on the page is the only one that looks photoshopped. the rest are very convincing

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
CoMpX said:
I agree, if it just has the same features as the 5G iPod then what's the point of it. It looks pretty real to me though. Look at the bottom picture. You can see the "lines" on the LCD all the way down to the bottom part of the large screen. If this was fake, wouldn't that be EXTREMELY difficult to do in Photoshop?

Well, you could do the mockup artwork, display it on any LCD screen (a monitor or a PDA for example) and then photograph it and put it onto a 5G ipod pic.

Here's my overall opinion on these: it doesn't matter if it's real or fake. We pretty much KNOW the next iPod will look something like this. There isn't anywhere to go from the 5G except to a full screen. And there's no other good control mechanism for a full screen iPod than touch screen.

The only questions (and answers) that matter are:

Screen size: 3.5" or 4"?
Resolution: Full DVD resolution or not?
HDD size: 30gb? 40? 60? 80? 100?
Price: ???
Will it replace the 5G or be sold as a new line?
Features: Will it do anything beside play music and movies?
iTMS: Will they sell feature films? Will it be rental/subscription or buy to own sales?

Pics like this are fun, but don't mean much at this point.

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
as i said earlier, i am VERY skeptical because Apple usually doesn't let stuff like this get out but if it is fake, whoever did it did a REALLY good job... all the angles are even and stuff and the shot of it at an angle does the color-changing ting that LCD's do so--very intriguing.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
If this is a fake, it's the most sophisticated one yet. The shadow of the iPod AV on the Hi-Fi, the reflection of the iPod's screen on the HiFi in the last shot.

If this is fake, Apple should really hire this guy, he's got talent! ;)

briangig

macrumors regular
May 16, 2005
Now these look real, those would be pretty tough to photoshop...

depending on price, new screen coating, and possible more functions/features (wifi PLEASE), I would most definetly trade in my 5G.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
well it is a fake.
its a PS of a 5G iPod with a screen stretched across it. its a good job of it, but its not that hard to see.

would be an intersting real model though.

cunning.stunt

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2006
cardiff/brighton
nice pictures, i'd say the best yet by far!!
Although id say it's a fake; mostly due to the fact it is identical in size to the 5G which would indicate its an edited image - is it really likely that apple will fit a bigger hard drive, full size touch screen, upgraded battery/circuitry all in the shell of a 5g? i think its unlikely.
Would have to be bigger
and it wouldnt be possible to utilise the full screen horizontally in a dock as its docked vertically, which is the other factor that suggests it's fake. and i would think that most people would use a dock if they brought an ipod 6g as there isnt space to hold it like the 5g.
im no photoshop expert but a lot of people could probably achieve the effects in the pictures using photoshop the problem is you need a good camera and a 5g ipod to get good pics (like those) to work from.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
whooleytoo said:
The shadow of the iPod AV on the Hi-Fi, the reflection of the iPod's screen on the HiFi in the last shot.

Yeah, but if you put a 5G on there, it would have the right shadow too...

funkychunkz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
I think the dock connector is different than the 5G's. The white is thicker. It actually looks THINNER than the 5G. Wait a second... who would bother converting 'Ice Age 2' for this widescreen ipod? Either really cool product, or god-like p-shopping job. They would even have had to take into acount that the touch portion of the screen reflects light differently (pic 2).

In any case, this is good news: apple is ging us an upgrade; photoshoppers are taking the world over by storm.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
there's no reason to think that MacShrine has real images. They are simply posting what is being sent to them.

arn

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
images

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 1,505
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 1,475
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 1,536

derajfast

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2004
i think they are fake, and ive believed the others ones prior as being real......2 reasons,

i think the last picture with the scroll wheel looks pretty fake

also, apple wouldnt demo this with ice age......ice age isnt a pixar movie, and the person who made this probably thought it was......ice age is fox animation studio, a competitor to ice age

itd be more believable with the incredibles or finding nemo or toy story on it, but ice age is like having shrek on it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.