Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thoff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
With the new mini having both single and dual-core potions do you think it is likely that the new ibook/macbook will have a dual-core option? I remember some people thinking it wouldn't, so as to differentiate it from the Macbook Pro. It seems likely to me with the new mini's specs.

Also, what do you think are the odds that the ibook will have integrated graphics? I hope not, but now I wouldn't be surprised?

thoff

yankeefan24

macrumors 65816
Dec 24, 2005
NYC
core duo available, no integrated graphics. low end ATI mobility or something on duo model. it is likely they will have core duo as an option. just what i think will happen.

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
I don't think the iBook will have integrated graphics. The Mac mini is the switcher machine, so they are able to put integrated graphics in it. The iBook is not meant to entice switchers quite like the mac mini is and is a bit more expensive, so my guess is it will have a GPU.

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
i didn't think it(or the mini) would have a duo, but after seeing the mini have one, i'd bet the high end ibook err, macbook will have one. as for integrated graphics, i really hope not, but for the same reason i think the macbook will have a duo, i have this bad feeling it will have integrated graphics as well. but i really really hope not(even though i wont be buying one)

zoziw

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2006
Canada
thoff said:
With the new mini having both single and dual-core potions do you think it is likely that the new ibook/macbook will have a dual-core option? I remember some people thinking it wouldn't, so as to differentiate it from the Macbook Pro. It seems likely to me with the new mini's specs.

Also, what do you think are the odds that the ibook will have integrated graphics? I hope not, but now I wouldn't be surprised?

thoff

If the mini has one I think it is very likely that at least one the new iBook/MacBook models will have a core duo as well.

As for integrated graphics, i don't know. I hope not but it wouldn't surprise me.

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
I hope that the top model will have the option of a core duo as well as a low-end to mid-level graphics-card.

But on the low-end Apple needs a 700-800 dollar entry level notebook to compete with windows based pc/laptop manufacturers. I think that Apple could meet that price point with a low end core solo and integrated graphics.

...just my two cents....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.