PDA

View Full Version : Oakland post Super Bowl riots

peter2002
Jan 27, 2003, 03:43 PM
I really don't understand why folks think they must burn up their town after a major football, or basketball game. These hooligans trashed and burned when the Oakland Raiders won their division last week, and destroyed more after their major a** whooping last night at the Super Bowl.

It seems such lawlessness follows every major sporting event except for the US Open tennis finals, and NASCAR.

But still, football is just a game. The ones that really have a right to burn and riot are the fans that went to the game and spent $2,000-$6,000 for a ticket to see such a sorry game, pay $5 for a box of Cracker Jacks, $8 for a cup of beer, or $175 to park, plus have to endure 2 hours of frisking by cops.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2003/01/27/state0311EST0014.DTL

Pete

Dont Hurt Me
Jan 27, 2003, 04:15 PM
These bums are just using that as an excuse to do what they do anyways! no more no less! Just a bunch of rowdy drunk bastards that need their asses beaten and thrown in jail! then afterwards they need to be forced to fix and cleanup everything they broke at their expense!!! wait i forgot the--- the liberals will say we shouldnt have a football game in the first place so its the NFL fault! bad NFL!;)

wdlove
Jan 27, 2003, 04:46 PM
I think the riots are terrible, but I could never understand why a winning team would riot. Must be built up testosterone! :(

robguz
Jan 27, 2003, 09:29 PM
I can never understand why anyone would riot after a sporting even period. Who cares? Gee, which corporate group of millionaires do I like better? Oh No! The other group of millionaires won, I better riot.

It was on the local news that the cops used tear gas against these nitwits. i say give ol' Saddam Hussein a call and use some mustard gas on these scum. Or just napalm, whatever, get rid of them!

Kid Red
Jan 28, 2003, 10:48 AM
Idiots. They rioted last week when Oaklan won the AFC title game, then rioted this week when they lost thw superbowl. Now those are great fans! They cost your city millions in damages after every big game.