PDA

View Full Version : Ibook or Intel imac

cardude280
Mar 5, 2006, 09:32 PM
Hi im going to get a 12in ibook maybe bump up the ram to a gig or should i get a 17in stock intel imac

its going to be a while off but i thought i would get your alls opinings

prostuff1
Mar 5, 2006, 09:53 PM
Well, the question is whether you need the portablitly or the power more??

I would wait till the intel ibooks (MacBooks) come out and then make that decission.

cardude280
Mar 6, 2006, 08:30 AM
i think i might do some light gaming and maybe get into light video editing

and i might be able to get the mbp if i can pull $2000 out of my butt;)

designed
Mar 6, 2006, 09:09 AM
I'd say the stock 17" iMac is a bit bad idea, you will want to buy some more RAM in addition to the 512MB included. You can do that later when your financial situation lets you to but until then, performance will be hampered, especially when you want to run games and edit videos.

I'd probably wait for Intel iBooks in your shoes, it will make existing G4 iBooks even cheaper if nothing else.

grapes911
Mar 6, 2006, 09:16 AM
This is an unfair comparison. As someone already said, it comes down to portability. If you need portability, get the iBook. If you don't, get the superior iMac. It's not a decision anyone here can help you with.

No one ever asks, should I purchase a car or an airplane. Yes, the both are vehicles that get you from A to B, but they different enough that you should be able to quickly on you own compare them and see which ones fits your style. Ok, not the best analogy, but I hope you understand why I say that you have to make this decision on you own.