PDA

View Full Version : Resolutions

momoko
Jan 27, 2003, 04:57 PM
For my new PowerMac it says it supports a resolution of up to 1600x1200, my monitor supports this also. Will they automatically detect eachother (ie the monitor and the graphics card) and synch their resolutions, or is there software to install. You see, my monitor which I was assured is Mac compatible, comes with Windows only software, the actual Mac hasn't come yet.

Thankyou

alex_ant
Jan 27, 2003, 05:06 PM
If the monitor supports VESA DDC (and all PC monitors made within the past 6-7 years do), it will work just fine.

momoko
Jan 27, 2003, 05:15 PM
So the monitor (Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 93SB) and the Mac will "talk to eachother and everything will be peachy?

FlamDrag
Jan 27, 2003, 05:20 PM
They should be peachy, but they might not default to 1600x1200, you'll just go into your control panels and set your favorite resolution there.

No worries.

momoko
Jan 27, 2003, 05:23 PM
Hooray. Now all i have to do is wait. Until Wednesday. Or more. Do Apple usually deliver on time? Anyone had anything early ever? Late? Bang on time? Never arrived? Wrong thing arrived? Something better arrived, but they only charged you for the other thing and you kept it?