PDA

View Full Version : iPod Shuffle End-of-lifed?!?

corywoolf
Mar 7, 2006, 06:17 PM
So I went to Comp USA about an hour ago and planned on getting a 1 GB shuffle to hold me over until the next Pods are released. I look in the glass case and see tons of nanos and iPods but no shuffles. Here is where it gets weird... I ask the lady to go to the back and get me a shuffle and she says they no longer carry them. I ask why, and she says they have been end of lifed. :eek: :mad: :( :rolleyes: I told her she is wrong and that the Apple Store still has them and hasn't made any such announcment. She claims the 1 GB nano has replaced both the shuffles and Apple no longer makes the shuffle. I see 2 other employees come over and they both confirm the news. So I ask for a 1 GB Black nano and end up buying it with a $20 case. I needed to get some sort of storage for my school files tonight before class, so I didn't want to invest in another 1 GB flash drive (just lost mine a few weeks ago). I plan on selling the 1 GB nano to my pops when the new video iPods are released.

Have I been lied to here??? Did I miss the day when the shuffle E.O.L. story hit MR?
:confused:

zap2
Mar 7, 2006, 06:23 PM
There not EOL, COMPUSA was wrong, or perhap they know what apple is going to do(perhaps no more orders of Shuffles and they are waiting until the run out)

However i love my Shuffle!

TheDulcimer
Mar 7, 2006, 06:26 PM
So I went to Comp USA ...

...Have I been lied to here??? Did I miss the day when the shuffle E.O.L. story hit MR?
:confused:

The day apple tells the people at Comp USA anything before they tell us is the day pigs fly and mac mice have two butto... on wait... crap! anyway.

The more logical thing going on here is that THOSE three people had an operation going on where they were stealing all the shuffles from that store, so they had to make up that there weren't any more... OR they were told to sell products that get more money, like the 1 gig nano instead of the 1 gig shuffle.

-The Delcimer-

emaja
Mar 7, 2006, 06:38 PM
CompUSA doesn't know jack. Everytime I go into one of their stores, the sales staff scatters like flies, avoiding everyone in the store. Try to ask them a question and they make up some crap that sounds good to someone who doesn't know anything, but if you have a clue, you know that they are spewing nonesense.

Eluon
Mar 7, 2006, 06:42 PM
I don't know of the Shuffles being end of life'd, but I hope not. I love my 512mb shuffle!

Also, CompUSA people are idiots. I agree with the above poster that they try to speak a language that sounds intelligent to less computer savvy people, but I get frustrated hearing things they know nothing about.

Sorry you weren't able to get the Shuffle, but the nano is great as well!

jkelly888
Mar 7, 2006, 06:44 PM
i hope they don't get discontinued soon. i'm planning on getting a refurbished 512mb (they're $49 right?) to use at times when i don't want to use my 5G (like when snowboarding and such)

n-abounds
Mar 7, 2006, 11:35 PM
Hey, just wondering...since the iPod shuffles have gone down in price, would it make sense to buy a 1-gig Shuffle to use as a flash drive? Cause it's a helluva a lot cheaper than the other 1-gig flash drives. Can Shuffles be used in Disk Mode?

EricNau
Mar 8, 2006, 12:00 AM
Hey, just wondering...since the iPod shuffles have gone down in price, would it make sense to buy a 1-gig Shuffle to use as a flash drive? Cause it's a helluva a lot cheaper than the other 1-gig flash drives. Can Shuffles be used in Disk Mode?
Yes. Link (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300493)