PDA

View Full Version : iPod Screen Frozen... :-(

amateurmacfreak
Mar 9, 2006, 06:50 PM
Ok, I was jogging with my iPod (it was in a cupholder, so not all moving with my movements), and all of a sudden it just stopped. The screen totally froze and my iPod is being non-responsive to eveeerything. :( It's a 30GB 5G iPod. Shot of what it's doing is included here.
I am just so sad.... :( will Apple cover this in warranty?????:confused:
Oh, I've tried to charge it and to connect it to my comp. NO SUCCESS!! NOTHING RECOGNIZES IT!! :mad:
Anyone had this sort of trouble? wtf happened to it??
Oh, also, before it quit I noticed it skipping around from song to song a bit erratically....
I'm just pretty sad and a bit worried about it. :(
EDIT: forgot to attach pic. gotta take one, then it will be up :o

CoMpX
Mar 9, 2006, 06:52 PM
This happens sometimes. Just hold MENU and the Center button for 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo on the screen. It will reboot.

jkelly888
Mar 9, 2006, 06:52 PM
Ok, I was jogging with my iPod (it was in a cupholder, so not all moving with my movements), and all of a sudden it just stopped. The screen totally froze and my iPod is being non-responsive to eveeerything. :( It's a 30GB 5G iPod. Shot of what it's doing is included here.
I am just so sad.... :( will Apple cover this in warranty?????:confused:
Oh, I've tried to charge it and to connect it to my comp. NO SUCCESS!! NOTHING RECOGNIZES IT!! :mad:
Anyone had this sort of trouble? wtf happened to it??
Oh, also, before it quit I noticed it skipping around from song to song a bit erratically....
I'm just pretty sad and a bit worried about it. :(
have you tried restarting it? (holding the center and menu button down until the screen shuts off)

amateurmacfreak
Mar 9, 2006, 07:00 PM
have you tried restarting it? (holding the center and menu button down until the screen shuts off)
whoa. you are a god. :eek:
I should've though of that....:cool: :o :rolleyes:
YAY! WORKING!!
Thank you!! :)

This happens sometimes. Just hold MENU and the Center button for 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo on the screen. It will reboot.
Oh, you're a god too! :p :)
Thanks.

Kingsly
Mar 9, 2006, 07:35 PM
I wanna be a god. Hold down menu and select...
OR:
When you get an apple logo hold back (<--) and select.
Oooo... Firmware...
Please? Make me a god. :D

amateurmacfreak
Mar 9, 2006, 07:38 PM
I wanna be a god. Hold down menu and select...
OR:
When you get an apple logo hold back (<--) and select.
Oooo... Firmware...
Please? Make me a god. :D
ok, ok, you are deemed a god! :D :) :cool:

Kingsly
Mar 9, 2006, 07:42 PM
Yessssssssssssss! *does a victory dance featuring the worm and the robot*