Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Ok, I was jogging with my iPod (it was in a cupholder, so not all moving with my movements), and all of a sudden it just stopped. The screen totally froze and my iPod is being non-responsive to eveeerything. :( It's a 30GB 5G iPod. Shot of what it's doing is included here.
I am just so sad.... :( will Apple cover this in warranty?????:confused:
Oh, I've tried to charge it and to connect it to my comp. NO SUCCESS!! NOTHING RECOGNIZES IT!! :mad:
Anyone had this sort of trouble? wtf happened to it??
Oh, also, before it quit I noticed it skipping around from song to song a bit erratically....
I'm just pretty sad and a bit worried about it. :(
EDIT: forgot to attach pic. gotta take one, then it will be up :eek:

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
This happens sometimes. Just hold MENU and the Center button for 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo on the screen. It will reboot.

jkelly888

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2005
pluto
amateurmacfreak said:
Ok, I was jogging with my iPod (it was in a cupholder, so not all moving with my movements), and all of a sudden it just stopped. The screen totally froze and my iPod is being non-responsive to eveeerything. :( It's a 30GB 5G iPod. Shot of what it's doing is included here.
I am just so sad.... :( will Apple cover this in warranty?????:confused:
Oh, I've tried to charge it and to connect it to my comp. NO SUCCESS!! NOTHING RECOGNIZES IT!! :mad:
Anyone had this sort of trouble? wtf happened to it??
Oh, also, before it quit I noticed it skipping around from song to song a bit erratically....
I'm just pretty sad and a bit worried about it. :(
have you tried restarting it? (holding the center and menu button down until the screen shuts off)

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
jkelly888 said:
have you tried restarting it? (holding the center and menu button down until the screen shuts off)
whoa. you are a god. :eek:
I should've though of that....:cool: :eek: :rolleyes:
YAY! WORKING!!
Thank you!! :)

CoMpX said:
This happens sometimes. Just hold MENU and the Center button for 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo on the screen. It will reboot.
Oh, you're a god too! :p :)
Thanks.

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2005
Kingsly said:
I wanna be a god. Hold down menu and select...
OR:
When you get an apple logo hold back (<--) and select.
Oooo... Firmware...
Please? Make me a god. :D
ok, ok, you are deemed a god! :D :) :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.