PDA

View Full Version : LCD Brightness

Chaszmyr
Jan 28, 2003, 12:22 PM
Two questions:

1: Is it at all possible for an LCD screen to be damaged by the brightness being set too high?

2: Is it worse, better, or no different on the users eyes for the brightness to be turned up?

Burnie (BEL)
Jan 28, 2003, 01:12 PM
On question one I think not. Wouldn't be very logic you can damage your lcd by setting your britghtness:cool:

rainman::|:|
Jan 28, 2003, 01:41 PM
Well it's always a good idea, to prevent eye strain, that the screen neither be too bright nor too dim. Your main concern, tho, is the contrast with the room lighting-- if you've got a very bright LCD, and you're sitting in the dark, it's not good for your eyes. Likewise, if you're in a bright room, or outdoors, squinting at a very dim screen, it's not good for your eyes. Over time this could cause damage, i'd imagine. This is why i want to see ambient light sensors on the upcoming iMacs.

pnw

yamadataro
Jan 28, 2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by paulwhannel
Well it's always a good idea, to prevent eye strain, that the screen neither be too bright nor too dim. Your main concern, tho, is the contrast with the room lighting-- if you've got a very bright LCD, and you're sitting in the dark, it's not good for your eyes. Likewise, if you're in a bright room, or outdoors, squinting at a very dim screen, it's not good for your eyes. Over time this could cause damage, i'd imagine. This is why i want to see ambient light sensors on the upcoming iMacs.
pnw

I agree. We should be taking care of our eyes more. The balls are not covered under the AppleCare after all :D