PDA

View Full Version : New FAA rule: If you're too fat, you can't fly.

peter2002
Jan 28, 2003, 02:25 PM
Beginning Monday, Jan. 27, 2003, the FAA requires all passengers who fly on commuter flights from 10-19 passengers to be weighed. If you are too fat, you will get bumped or will have to ride the bus. I imagine the real fattys will be outraged.

This is in response to the Jan. 8 crash of a 19-seat Beech 1900 turboprop in Charlotte, N.C. All 21 people aboard died. Reports suggest the plane crashed because it had way to much weight on board.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,76782,00.html

Pete :)

Sun Baked
Jan 28, 2003, 02:34 PM
It's wonderful how people misread the news, done it myself. :D

The FAA want to find out if the airlines are running some of the flights overloaded, this weigh-in of passengers and bags will help the airlines and the FAA readjust the average passenger weight if need be.

You may be bumped because the airline may have exceeded the weight limit of the plane that gets marked for weigh in (ie, overbooked), not because your ass is too big. ;)

barkmonster
Jan 28, 2003, 06:22 PM
why did you have to spoil my fun with a link ?

I was happy thinking it meant Fat Ass Association until I found out it's real meaning. :D

no offence to anyone this might effect, I'm sure I'll at least have beer gut one day. I just find this as funny as the McDonalds lawsuit.

DeusOmnis
Jan 28, 2003, 10:15 PM
21 ppl died in how long? i wonder what would happen if the gov cracked down on automobiles like that.