PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a iPod / Phone combination with this...

R.Youden
Mar 10, 2006, 12:33 PM
Just found this

http://www.plantronics.com/europe_union/en_GB/products/cat1210094/cat1210094/prod29780013;jsessionid=RQN2GOBFQDJ5KCQBGNUSFFAKAEZWQIV0

Not only can it play your iPod through Bluetooth but it can also pair with your phone and cut into your iPod when you get a phone call.

Sorry but these are high on my want list, I just hope that the sound quality is good.

noaccess
Mar 10, 2006, 12:44 PM
play your iPod through Bluetooth

Uhm... iPods don't have Bluetooth. You'll have to plug it in your iPod.

Koodauw
Mar 10, 2006, 12:45 PM
I take it your a function over form type of person.

2nyRiggz
Mar 10, 2006, 12:53 PM
Uhm... iPods don't have Bluetooth.

don't worry, he will learn.

Bless

R.Youden
Mar 10, 2006, 12:58 PM
It has a bluetooth adaptor that plugs into your iPod thank you!

R.Youden
Mar 10, 2006, 01:43 PM
I take it your a function over form type of person.

Thank you for a post that is not meant as an insult.

I dont think that the form of these headphones is that bad. As I stated the only way I would buy some would be if the sound quality was any good. I like my Apple In Ear headphones but sometimes they rubber buds twist and they fall out (I probably have strage ears or something!) but I would not mind some 'over-the-top' headphones like this if they work well and sound good.

At the end of the day the most important thing about a pair of headphones is what they sound like.

2nyRiggz
Mar 10, 2006, 01:48 PM
I don't think there is an insult in this thread. That products seems a little heavy to carry around unless you are using it at home.

Bless

R.Youden
Mar 10, 2006, 01:53 PM
I am sorry if I took your post the wrong way.

The device comes with a small bluetooth adaptor that connects to your iPod (or any other 3.5mm headphone socket so you dont have to carry the large dock around with you). It is also setup so that if (more probably when) the iPod gets bluetooth you will have full control over the iPod.

2nyRiggz
Mar 10, 2006, 02:01 PM
It sounds good but to $$ for me. It seems as if it would be nice for home use so i would say give it a try and give us a review.

Make sure it can work with the ipod because it might be another story when you get it.

Bless

R.Youden
Mar 10, 2006, 02:35 PM
Ha, its on my wants list, not my must have list!

Now I would hate to use that around my house, it would be purely for use on the move.

But trust me, if I get a pair I will review them on here.

I dont think they are too expensive, quite a few places are doing them for 70 at the moment.

Marky_Mark
Mar 10, 2006, 04:31 PM
Never mind the 'are you insulted or not', these headphones are butt-ugly. No way I'm parting with money for them. Now, if they were in-ear headphones with a mic at the join just below your chin, then I'd be more interested.

R.Youden
Mar 10, 2006, 04:46 PM
So the headphones are ugly, fine.

This is something that amazes me about alot of computer users. OK, this is how I see it. Why do I like me PowerBook? Beacuse it looks good, I look at it and it is designed in a way that makes it functionable and easy to use. Why do I prefer the iPod to other music players? Beacue it has a good interface and ergonomic controls. Why I am I not bothered my G4 tower does not look as good as a G5 iMac? Beacuse I dont look at my tower, it sits under my desk and does its job, however I do want a good monitor to look at.

Now with regard to headphones. What would you rather have, ones that look great but doesnt have the best features in the world. Or ones that look 'butt ugly' but has great functions? How often do you look at headphones, personally not often, all I want is for them to sound good.

Things that you look at need to look good, things you listen to need to sound good.

Marky_Mark
Mar 10, 2006, 04:51 PM
Now with regard to headphones. What would you rather have, ones that look great but doesnt have the best features in the world. Or ones that look 'butt ugly' but has great functions? How often do you look at headphones, personally not often, all I want is for them to sound good.

Things that you look at need to look good, things you listen to need to sound good.

Yeah, but when people see you they think you look a dork.

Then they laugh at you and call you a dork.

Then you see the headhones for what they are. Oversized butt-ugly cans that make you look like and feel like a dork.

I have a bt phone headset that's the size of a bottletop. Why can't manufacturers make stereo versions? It can't be that difficult.

R.Youden
Mar 10, 2006, 04:56 PM
I agree with what you are saying but I have seen far worse headphones that these.

Anyway, whats wrong with wearing a hat :cool:

Marky_Mark
Mar 10, 2006, 05:07 PM
I agree with what you are saying but I have seen far worse headphones that these.

Anyway, whats wrong with wearing a hat :cool:

I concede! :D A hat it is!

R.Youden
Mar 10, 2006, 05:11 PM
Anyway the girl with the headphones on the product page doesnt look like a dork to me ;)

Marky_Mark
Mar 10, 2006, 05:15 PM
She'd look a whole lot better if she lost the damn headphones ;)

R.Youden
Mar 10, 2006, 05:20 PM
What if she was wearing a hat with those headphones? I am sure some people go in for that sort of thing.

I suppose this thread has lost its way a bit now?

Marky_Mark
Mar 10, 2006, 05:48 PM
R, you crack me up :D Have a great weekend