PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5 off the UK store!

BlizzardBomb
Mar 11, 2006, 02:22 AM
Well I can't see it anyway. Looks like they've silently taken away the 20-incher :eek:

Josias
Mar 11, 2006, 09:18 AM
Ok and... Nobody wants it! Buy refurbished or a PowerMac if you want a G5 desktop.

It's wierd though, only in UK...:eek: :confused:

PlaceofDis
Mar 11, 2006, 09:36 AM
yeah its still up on the US store.... weird. but i would think that the iMac G5s aren't selling all that great right now, unless they are the refurb units.

Macnoviz
Mar 13, 2006, 12:26 PM
also in Belgian Apple Store
I guess the same about other European stores

Dont Hurt Me
Mar 13, 2006, 12:41 PM
All PowerPC Macs are almost history, Lets just hope the next Powermac doesnt get soldered on video. It could happen. Apple hates it that folks want to upgrade and a soldered on video would be one way to get folks to move up to a new Mac one day. Looks like everymac will have upgradeable CPU's something Apple has never ever had. Im sure the money hungry executives at Apple will want to do something to counteract this. Soldered on GPU's on every model is one way to make up for upgradable CPU's.

menziep
Mar 13, 2006, 01:22 PM
All PowerPC Macs are almost history, Lets just hope the next Powermac doesnt get soldered on video. It could happen. Apple hates it that folks want to upgrade and a soldered on video would be one way to get folks to move up to a new Mac one day. Looks like everymac will have upgradeable CPU's something Apple has never ever had. Im sure the money hungry executives at Apple will want to do something to counteract this. Soldered on GPU's on every model is one way to make up for upgradable CPU's.

The iMac Dosent have buit in video so The new Powermac (Mac Pro) wont.

Plus The Mac GPU's have to be certin ones (Compatibly) and the few places that sell them Are The apple stores and mainly mac retalers

Kingsly
Mar 13, 2006, 02:04 PM
I have it from a "reliable source" that Apple will formally EOL the iMac G5 on march 18th. (Apple store rep told me)
Check the Apple Store US on saturday and prove me wrong. Please?