PDA

View Full Version : iPod won't leave disk mode...

dshootist
Mar 11, 2006, 11:51 AM
i was converting my son's iPod to upload the entire playlist. it was connected to a PC, but now wants to use my list. :D iTunes asked to load updates for the iPod and i said, "okay." after the update, it tried to load all of the songs from the library (1135) and froze (after 35). so after unloading the disk image, it hung up and wouldn't give me permission to disconnect. now it won't leave disk mode even though i charged it all the way. it allowed me to do a hard re-boot once, but now won't reset at all. any help here?:(

2nyRiggz
Mar 11, 2006, 12:14 PM
Try to reinstall the firmwear.

Bless

dshootist
Mar 11, 2006, 02:49 PM
Try to reinstall the firmwear.

Bless

i can't reinstall anything if it won't leave disk mode or stop freezing...:mad:

i.e. reset doesn't work...

mad jew
Mar 11, 2006, 08:27 PM
Were you trying to reset it whilst it was plugged in?

p3phil
Mar 12, 2006, 05:31 PM
HELP!!! My generation 4 20 GB Ipod is screwed I think. It will go into the disk mode but when I try to reset, it gets about 5 seconds into the reset and then continues to repeat the reset, i.e. Apple on (5 secs) then off momentarily the Apple on (5 secs), etc.... Anybody know whats going on?? Can't reload firmware. On a Mac.

dshootist
Mar 13, 2006, 10:18 PM
HELP!!! My generation 4 20 GB Ipod is screwed I think. It will go into the disk mode but when I try to reset, it gets about 5 seconds into the reset and then continues to repeat the reset, i.e. Apple on (5 secs) then off momentarily the Apple on (5 secs), etc.... Anybody know whats going on?? Can't reload firmware. On a Mac.

mine did a similar mind trick to me, so i let the battery die and recharged it again and everything seemed to be okay. all of this transpired in about 48 hours, though.