PDA

View Full Version : ipod frozen 30mins out of box

stella17
Mar 12, 2006, 04:57 AM
man, this is the worst **** ever ... i get home and wanna just touch/play with it :p and fill it with wonderful music ... and WTF, it ****ing freezes.

how is this possible, i did nothing wrong... is there any way to fix this or do i just take it back?

....... so much for my first apple product ever. im going to be very reluctant to buy a MBP now :(

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

mad jew
Mar 12, 2006, 04:59 AM
Unless it's a Shuffle, reset it by holding the top of the click wheel and the middle button.

How did it happen? If it does this again, I'd talk to Apple about it. They're pretty good with replacements. :)

stella17
Mar 12, 2006, 05:21 AM
haha oh my... thanks, it reset ok. ill see how it goes now :o

mad jew
Mar 12, 2006, 05:22 AM
Nice. :)

What sort of iPod is it? Remember that any iPod over 6GB is hard drive based. Hard drives freeze quite easily if they're jolted whilst the iPod is trying to get information from it.

Deepdale
Mar 12, 2006, 05:27 AM
...... so much for my first apple product ever. im going to be very reluctant to buy a MBP now.

One negative experience can truly play havoc with your future purchasing decisions, but make an effort not to let it color your opinion too much. There are defective products in all the lines, especially given the volume produced. When my all-in-one Performa 578 was disassembled before my very eyes because the sound stopped working, I was livid and thought that was going to be the end of the line for me and future Apple products.

I went on to replace that after five years with my iMac and now am ready to do some spending on a laptop. I must wait to see what happens with new MacBooks before doing anything, but Apple will make good on your iPod should it be returned to the store for refund.

wwooden
Mar 12, 2006, 08:43 AM
Since I'm the "Mac" Guy to all my friends, and everyone is getting an iPod these days, I get this asked all the time. People freak out when their iPod freezes, I tell them how to reset it and they think I have performed a miracle. They are baffled as to how I knew how to do that, like it was some hidden secret. Oh well, makes me look that much smarter I guess.

ITASOR
Mar 12, 2006, 08:51 AM
They are baffled as to how I knew how to do that, like it was some hidden secret.

Even though it's clearly written in the book that all iPods come with. Just shows you how many people actually read it/consult it for help. :)

jeremy.king
Mar 12, 2006, 10:28 AM
Even though it's clearly written in the book that all iPods come with. Just shows you how many people actually read it/consult it for help. :)

I am surprised nobody told her to RTFM! :eek: :)

Texas04
Nov 9, 2007, 11:05 PM
I am surprised nobody told her to RTFM! :eek: :)

Amen to that!!!

Of course, I never read the manual either :)

Nettoda1
Nov 13, 2007, 08:11 PM
man, this is the worst **** ever ... i get home and wanna just touch/play with it :p and fill it with wonderful music ... and WTF, it ****ing freezes.

how is this possible, i did nothing wrong... is there any way to fix this or do i just take it back?

....... so much for my first apple product ever. im going to be very reluctant to buy a MBP now :(

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:) great job, it just work, you just save me a long drive to the Apple store to exchange my new Ipod, Thanks.