PDA

View Full Version : Ripping only certain music videos from a music DVD to iPod?

BurtonCCC
Mar 13, 2006, 12:03 AM
I'm looking to rip only certain "chapters" from a music DVD. I might need to trim them a bit in iMovie and then I want to convert them to the iPod format in QuickTime Pro. I have Handbrake and MacTheRipper and QuickTime Pro, and now I just need some guidance.

Daniel.

Chundles
Mar 13, 2006, 12:44 AM
I'm looking to rip only certain "chapters" from a music DVD. I might need to trim them a bit in iMovie and then I want to convert them to the iPod format in QuickTime Pro. I have Handbrake and MacTheRipper and QuickTime Pro, and now I just need some guidance.

Daniel.

Just use Handbrake and select the appropriate chapters. It's in the top left as a drop down menu. Usually it shows the time of the full feature but under it will be the separate components. I use it to rip TV series from a DVD. I enable the queue and add the separate chapters with individual settings then hit "Start" and go to bed. By morning they're all there on the desktop ready to tag them with Lostify and add them to iTunes.

BurtonCCC
Mar 13, 2006, 01:44 PM
But what if I need to cut certain parts of them... and the chapters showing up in Handbrake are pretty weird looking. There's got to be like 20 music videos on this DVD, but there's only four chapters and none of them are more than 9 minutes long.

Dan.