PDA

View Full Version : iPod/iTunes 'Last Played' updating

gauchogolfer
Mar 13, 2006, 10:29 AM
I've looked to see if this is addressed elsewhere, but as yet I've not been successful. Is there a way to have the songs I listen to update the last played date and play count, when listened to on my iPod? I currently use manual updating of songs and playlists; does this preclude me from updating? Thanks for the help!

alexstein
Mar 13, 2006, 11:49 AM
It might only update with automatic sync. I know that mine does update the playcount when syncing.

mad jew
Mar 13, 2006, 02:18 PM
Maybe try an app like Synch iPod-iTunes Data (http://www.people.virginia.edu/~gct2r/gts/gts.htm). I haven't used it before but it claims to sync manually-managed iPod's track data. It only works with Macs. :)

memphismac
Mar 15, 2006, 12:57 AM
I'm looking to do the same thing, I think.

I didn't keep any music on my computer (not enough space for the whole thing).

I just moved my 34GB of music from my iPod to an external drive so I can play it without having the iPod connected.

I listen to my iPod all the time at work and at home, and use smart playlists to keep the music fresh (last played not in the last 8 weeks, play count less than 2, etc.)

If I set up that smart "Least Played" playlist in iTunes and have it set to automatically sync that playlist, when I come from playing that playlist at work, will the changes in play count/last played sync up with iTunes?

mad jew
Mar 15, 2006, 01:35 AM
memphismac, I'm not sure if I'm on the same wavelength but if iTunes is set to automatically sync with your iPod (either the entire library or just playlists), then the play counts are automatically synced too. In other words, the Least Played playlist of yours should update when you plug the iPod in. :)