PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Vs. ATI

robotrenegade
Jan 29, 2003, 08:09 AM
I want to get the new Powermac. So my question is, I wanted to know what graphics card is better, the ATI Radeon 9700 or NVIDIA Geforce 4 TI any why?

kwajo.com
Jan 29, 2003, 09:45 AM
As far as I'm concerned the Radeon is a better card. I make it a rule to always try to get an ATI because of better quality and Canadian innovation, but I think the specs are also much better on the 9700. If it's the same as the PC version, it is one hell of a chip, with 110 million transistors, and power left to burn. I can imagine that this card helping the OS (Quartz X) along with a dual 1.25/1.42 would scream, and be very near the fastest machine one could buy. the only down side may be waiting for it, but I don't think it will matter, as the new PMacs will take time to ship anyway

cc bcc
Jan 29, 2003, 10:05 AM
If I remember correctly, most benchmarks show that the 9700 pro is almost twice as fast as the Geforce 4 ti. Too bad the new Geforce FX is not available.

john123
Jan 29, 2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by cc bcc
If I remember correctly, most benchmarks show that the 9700 pro is almost twice as fast as the Geforce 4 ti. Too bad the new Geforce FX is not available.

The ATI Radeon 9700 Pro is still faster than that.

Check out the review on anandtech.com, posted just two days ago...

robotrenegade
Jan 29, 2003, 11:06 AM
Do you have a link for those post?