Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
You need to give much more information than this. Although I laughed when I read "went poop".

What kind of computer?

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
calebjohnston said:
You need to give much more information than this. Although I laughed when I read "went poop".

What kind of computer?

We're in the iPod forum. ;) It's probably his iPod mini's drive that went dead.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
=) Ah, if only I had the ability to read.

Assuming he's right, you can either buy a new harddrive and install it yourself - which is tricky for someone that has never done anything like it before, or send it off to apple and have them replace it - which can be expensive.

Gotta love when your options suck. Maybe buy a new nano if you don't need much space?

Or just steal it. The stores don't have THAT good of a security system. I've walked out juggling powermacs. Twice.

...shutup Caleb.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
p0intblank said:
We're in the iPod forum. ;) It's probably his iPod mini's drive that went dead.

or his 4Gen iPod (or his iPod Mini 4GB as your said )or he might not know that his Nano has a Flash drive, so he called it a 4GB Hard Drive

edit-Well i also learned to read, it say iPod Mini in his sig, so it not likly a Nano/4G iPod unless he forgot to put it in his sig,

As for opening a Mini, i have never done it, i have open a 4G, which was easyish because it has a metal back, while the Mini is "encased" in the Color Stuff, is it still AppleCared for? If it is call Apple up and get a new one

opusthe2nd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Ha! Maybe I need to learn to post a proper message.

I have a 20G, 4th Gen iPod that has a bad hard drive. Since I posted, I have found out that I CANT use a laptop HD in it. Replacement HD's are quite expensive for an iPod....stupid design flaw. I can put a new drive in, thats not a problem. I gave a guy $20 for the iPod and want to put a 15-20G HD in it, without spending enough to buy a new iPod.

There, that should clear it up a little.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
There are sites that you can order replacement harddrives + the kit to do it. I'm not sure what they are, but google for them - you'll find a few. If you have ever opened up a computer to repair/replace things before, you shouldn't have a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.